Sign in to follow this  
Burque

What's the Henry/Young Tandem Worth?

If I gave both of 'em to you which of your RB's would you give me in return?
Hum whats a pot smoking rb and a virtual nobody rb go for now days ? I would take some of the weed Henry is smoking for the both of them.

Hum whats a pot smoking rb and a virtual nobody rb go for now days ? I would take some of the weed Henry is smoking for the both of them.

Thanks for offering such an insightful perspective on this question.

IMO, you've way underestimated the value of these two guys. The Broncos simply fell apart this past Sunday. If they had stayed even remotely close to the Chargers, Henry would've posted higher numbers. Even though Henry is likely to be suspended, it could take another month before that occurs. In the meantime, Shanny has shown no indication that he's gonna go with an RBBC. Henry is still up front and center. That means he's likely to keep posting the stats he's had prior to this past Sunday.

I imagine once Henry is suspended, Young will step in as the primary back. When given the ball this season, Young has looked very good. Some say he can't handle the full load. I think he can. Every FF manager knows that any RB in the Bronco system will do well. There's just uncertainty as to how many touches each Bronco RB will receive. I believe Young will receive the bulk of the carries, and turn out to be quite a commodity when all is said and done. In sum, I'd expect more than a bag of weed in return for the two of them, but thanks for your input.

I'll be less sarcastic and hopefully more informative than TBB above. To me, this situation in Denver is a near impossible one. Henry/Young have what to me is a nightmare schedule. With the except of Detroit and Oakland, most of the defenses they face are pretty good against the run. I'd venture to say it's even more difficult than the #'s indicate because Chicago is getting healthier and will improve. I personally think as a package they aren't worth much more than another #2RB, particularly with the uncertainty of Henry and the really big question mark regarding whether Selvin can and will be the man if Henry is suspended. In my redraft league as a Young owner, my hope is that he gets the job, does moderately well against the tough Pitt and GB defs, then goes berzerk against Detroit and KC, then I trade his butt. In my dynasty league it's different, I'm going to hold on to him unless a good offer comes along, like a high end #2 RB or high draft pick.

Week 6 BYE FFPtsGivenVsRB

21-Oct Pittsburgh 32nd

29-Oct Green Bay 19th

4-Nov @Detroit 3rd

11-Nov @Kansas City 12th

19-Nov Tennessee 28th

25-Nov @Chicago 11th

2-Dec @Oakland 9th

9-Dec Kansas City 12th

13-Dec @Houston 23rd

24-Dec @San Diego 26th

30-Dec Minnesota 31st

Sorry guys I own both of them in one league and was just being honest. I'll take the smoke not to mention there Denver rbs and you can't trust the Rat but at least you know what your getting with the smoke.

Guest _my_2_cents_
what's the Henry/Young Tandem Worth?

Not nearly as much as a healthy, not-stoned Henry without Young.

Thanks for offering such an insightful perspective on this question.

IMO, you've way underestimated the value of these two guys. The Broncos simply fell apart this past Sunday. If they had stayed even remotely close to the Chargers, Henry would've posted higher numbers. Even though Henry is likely to be suspended, it could take another month before that occurs. In the meantime, Shanny has shown no indication that he's gonna go with an RBBC. Henry is still up front and center. That means he's likely to keep posting the stats he's had prior to this past Sunday.

I imagine once Henry is suspended, Young will step in as the primary back. When given the ball this season, Young has looked very good. Some say he can't handle the full load. I think he can. Every FF manager knows that any RB in the Bronco system will do well. There's just uncertainty as to how many touches each Bronco RB will receive. I believe Young will receive the bulk of the carries, and turn out to be quite a commodity when all is said and done. In sum, I'd expect more than a bag of weed in return for the two of them, but thanks for your input.

I think there is no question that Henry's "the man" if he's playing. Shanahan rides his horses (a la Davis and Portis). My concern is that when Shanahan doesn't have that proven horse, he is notoriously fickle with his RBs. With Mike Bell in the mix (and also Andre Hall, who some people here have mentioned as a real sleeper candidate), I'd normally be a little apprehensive about giving up too much for Young. I just don't think he's guaranteed of being the primary back.

However, given the fact that my current RB situation is in a shambles (SJax and Caddy were my starters, leaving me with Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne - ugh), I would indeed roll the dice on Young if I had/have the opportunity to get him on waivers.