Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

Why arent teams trying to blitz Brady & Manning?

One thing I have wondered this year is why teams dont seem to even try blitzing Brady and for that matter Manning? I mean...what the fock else can they try, especially with New England. Brady just sits back there for seemingly hours on end, no offense to the Brady slobberers but he isnt exactly expending any thought or energy. Just like Cunningham or Culpepper with Moss...just chuck it up there. Still though, you would think that someone would try *something* different!

I know what you're thinking.... "but if they blitz, then the coverage is weaker". Hey, this just in..... the coverage is NOT working anyways as per the 9 TD passes per quarter so please stop with that argument! Its obvious that current defensive schemes aint cutting it so for Chrissakes please change it up!

Even if blitzes dont work all that often.... at least maybe you'll actually hit Brady or even Manning. Ya know, actually cause them to fall down once in a while. You might get lucky and really nail them once and maybe, just maybe that will at least get them slightly off kilter. Or, you could get *really* lucky and send them to the dressing room for a while. Its worth a shot, especially when the Pats have no running game whatsoever. Same thing with Peyton...blitz his azz for once!

Discuss.... :banana: