Sign in to follow this  
Moss

Thoughts on a recent trade I did...

I proposed the following trade, which the other owner accepted. As Commish, I waited over 24 hours before executing it to allow the league to give their feedback, as I always do. After hearing NOTHING, I pushed the trade through in time for this past weeks game. All of the sudden I get an explosion of protest calling me a cheater, and that I screwed the other guy, abused the commish office, etc. WTF.

Here's the trade:

I get R. Wayne and an 8th rd pick for L. Jordan, B. Marshall, and a 12th

Standard scoring except all TD's the same, w/ PPR, we get three keepers.

Oh, and the owner I traded with only had Jacobs, A. Green, and Foster at RB (we start 2 RB, 3 WR)

Funny thing is, here are some other trades that went down that I thought were worse (and got no objections):

P. Manning for L. Johnson, C. Johnson (preseason) - by far the worst!!!

A. Peterson for T. Owens, C. Benson (2 weeks ago)

L. Tomlinson for W. Gahee, T. Owens (last week)

Is it really that bad, especially in lieu of other trades that went down without a peep?

I proposed the following trade, which the other owner accepted. As Commish, I waited over 24 hours before executing it to allow the league to give their feedback, as I always do. After hearing NOTHING, I pushed the trade through in time for this past weeks game. All of the sudden I get an explosion of protest calling me a cheater, and that I screwed the other guy, abused the commish office, etc. WTF.

Here's the trade:

I get R. Wayne and an 8th rd pick for L. Jordan, B. Marshall, and a 12th

Standard scoring except all TD's the same, w/ PPR, we get three keepers.

Oh, and the owner I traded with only had Jacobs, A. Green, and Foster at RB (we start 2 RB, 3 WR)

Funny thing is, here are some other trades that went down that I thought were worse (and got no objections):

P. Manning for L. Johnson, C. Johnson (preseason) - by far the worst!!!

A. Peterson for T. Owens, C. Benson (2 weeks ago)

L. Tomlinson for W. Gahee, T. Owens (last week)

Is it really that bad, especially in lieu of other trades that went down without a peep?

I just proposed something very simliar to this.

I give:

Brandon Marshall

Travis Henry

Thomas Jones

I get:

Reggie Wayne

Josh Brown(will cut)

Carolina D(will cut)

Seems like i gave up alot, but I also have LJ, Jacobs, Lamont Jordan and Chatman. I hope to pick up Selvin Young (can you believe he's still on the wire) and Chris Henry with the two newfound roster spots.

I have Wayne in both leagues, no way would I accept that trade. PLUS you get to move your 12th round pick next year to an 8th round pick??? You raped the guy - it's not vetoable or anything, but the other guy is pretty clueless.

I think it's great for your team that you got Wayne, but I see this trade as fair. Marshall has scored (in my league), on average, about 3 points less per game than Wayne, but L. Jordan has averaged over 10 points per game, and the other guy was weak at RB. He had Foster on a bye in week 7; has Jacobs on a bye in week 9; and A. Green hasn't done very well after coming back from a knee injury, and has a bye in week 10. I realize Jordan's stats are affected by his fast start in the first 3 games, but he's still having a better year than many expected and has already had his bye week. I certainly can understand why he wants to improve his RB roster. Maybe he could've gotten more for Wayne, but the time for other owners to have made him offers was before your trade went through, and I see no basis for them to wait to howl their disapproval. Finally, getting an 8th pick for a 12th doesn't mean all that much--by those rounds in the draft, it's kind of a crap shoot as far as who will be the better and more productive player selected. Heck, even players in the first few rounds turn out to be busts. Overall, an appropriate trade in my opinion.

I think it's great for your team that you got Wayne, but I see this trade as fair. Marshall has scored (in my league), on average, about 3 points less per game than Wayne, but L. Jordan has averaged over 10 points per game, and the other guy was weak at RB. He had Foster on a bye in week 7; has Jacobs on a bye in week 9; and A. Green hasn't done very well after coming back from a knee injury, and has a bye in week 10. I realize Jordan's stats are affected by his fast start in the first 3 games, but he's still having a better year than many expected and has already had his bye week. I certainly can understand why he wants to improve his RB roster. Maybe he could've gotten more for Wayne, but the time for other owners to have made him offers was before your trade went through, and I see no basis for them to wait to howl their disapproval. Finally, getting an 8th pick for a 12th doesn't mean all that much--by those rounds in the draft, it's kind of a crap shoot as far as who will be the better and more productive player selected. Heck, even players in the first few rounds turn out to be busts. Overall, an appropriate trade in my opinion.

Well Thank you.

I do see why some folks think Jordan's season is an anomaly but to think its essentially over (b/t injuries and sharing time w/ Rhodes & Fargas) as some in my league do its ridiculous. I think its the short-term memory syndrome that effects many of us in FF. Everyone remembers 06 when he sucked and was hurt, not 05 when he dominated (esp in PPR)

Any other thoughts?