Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Status of Washington Oline?

Portis has been doing well enough from a points perspective but I am concerned about his yardage totals. I have heard the Oline is dinged up but I do not follow the Skins that well to know who how good the replacements are and should we expect the starters back before seasons end. Any homers have some info they can share on this.

Well, Jansen is out for the year, Randy Thomas won't be back til mid-december at the earliest, and I believe Rabach could play this week but it's still up in the air.

I think it's safe to say that the line is going to continue to be roughly how it has been the past few weeks for the rest of the season.

Washington homer here.

Redskins have lost both guards and a tackle from the dominant Oline they had last year. Kendal has filled in nicely at Guard for the free agent departed Dockery but is not as dominant in the run game. The center Rabach should play this weekend but is still nicked up. The right side of the line is horrible in run blocking. They are consistently getting pushed into the backfield and aren't athletic enough to pull creating the zone lanes the Redskins favor and cannot seal off the outside.

The only positive is Joe Gibbs refuses to abandon the running game, so Portis will consistently get the rock whether he deserves it or not.