Sign in to follow this  
Ron Paul for President 2008

Anyone starting SJax this weekend?

I'm rolling the dice with him. After losing Caddy Williams, I'm pretty thin at RB. You have two solid RB alternatives so just pick one and don't look back.

Yeah Ronnie Brown going down for the season seriously kicked my ass, and with McGahee being off I too am rolling the dice. On the bright side if there's any team to come back against, it has to be the Cleveland Browns.

Starting him along with Jacobs. Sjax is hungry, so nothing could be better than his return feast upon the Browns :overhead:

I'm not expecting a bunch of yardage, but hoping for a few goaline TD's. But, with Jamal Lewis likely out I don't really have any other options.

I read somewhere this week that when asked about Fantasy Football Jackson said "start me"

He writes a column for ESPN. What else is he supposed to say, though? :dunno:

I read somewhere this week that when asked about Fantasy Football Jackson said "start me"

Yes, in his ESPN blog he stated to start him... though to add a bit of weight to the statement... he's been pretty much saying to start every Ram's position player every week.

Here's the rototworld/sportsline updates on his situation though:

Rotoworld

Rams coach Scott Linehan confirmed Friday that Steven Jackson (groin) will start in Week 8, but says Jackson may not get a full complement of snaps.

(Updated 10/26/2007)

IMPACT

"It kind of depends on how he feels," Linehan said. Don't overreact to this news, as Jackson practiced without restrictions all week, an indication he's close to 100%. Brian Leonard may see a few more carries than he normally would, but Jackson remains a strong RB2 start vs. Cleveland at worst.

CBSSports.com

According to Rams coach Scott Linehan, RB Steven Jackson could be limited this week in his return against the Browns. Jackson has missed the past three games with a partial tear in his groin. "It wouldn't be normal," Linehan said of Jackson's workload. "It will be modified from his normal (workload). It depends on how he feels, but it won't be every play of the game."

(Updated 10/26/2007).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Jackson may be a bit rusty, but he should still hammer a Browns defense ranked 30th against the run. Cleveland has allowed a 100-yard rusher in every game this season, so Jackson should continue the trend. Even with a partial workload, consider Jackson a very good start this week.

Sjax news

I'm not expecting more than about 1/2 of a normal games workload this weekend and for him to end at about 75ish yards and maybe a TD against the browns.

I too have no choice but to start him this week in both of me leagues though.

In one league its 2 of SJax, Chatman, Marshall, Berrian. In my othr it's a choice of 2 of Sjax, Jordan, and Chatman

Yes, in his ESPN blog he stated to start him... though to add a bit of weight to the statement... he's been pretty much saying to start every Ram's position player every week.

Here's the rototworld/sportsline updates on his situation though:

Rotoworld

Rams coach Scott Linehan confirmed Friday that Steven Jackson (groin) will start in Week 8, but says Jackson may not get a full complement of snaps.

(Updated 10/26/2007)

IMPACT

"It kind of depends on how he feels," Linehan said. Don't overreact to this news, as Jackson practiced without restrictions all week, an indication he's close to 100%. Brian Leonard may see a few more carries than he normally would, but Jackson remains a strong RB2 start vs. Cleveland at worst.

CBSSports.com

According to Rams coach Scott Linehan, RB Steven Jackson could be limited this week in his return against the Browns. Jackson has missed the past three games with a partial tear in his groin. "It wouldn't be normal," Linehan said of Jackson's workload. "It will be modified from his normal (workload). It depends on how he feels, but it won't be every play of the game."

(Updated 10/26/2007).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

Jackson may be a bit rusty, but he should still hammer a Browns defense ranked 30th against the run. Cleveland has allowed a 100-yard rusher in every game this season, so Jackson should continue the trend. Even with a partial workload, consider Jackson a very good start this week.

Sjax news

I'm not expecting more than about 1/2 of a normal games workload this weekend and for him to end at about 75ish yards and maybe a TD against the browns.I too have no choice but to start him this week in both of me leagues though.

In one league its 2 of SJax, Chatman, Marshall, Berrian. In my othr it's a choice of 2 of Sjax, Jordan, and Chatman

I was going to post the same thing. I am hopeful that is what he gets me, gets healthier by week 10 and comes back full steam with a more cohesive O-line.