Sign in to follow this  
Ron Paul for President 2008

Does anyone else out there have the problem of To Many Good Players on their team?

I'm currently in first place but only by 1 game...my problem is below and any help would be greatly appreciated:

We start

QB

WR

WR

RB

RB

TE

FLEX

K

DEF

My problem as you can see is all the talent on my team...

QB: Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner (Ok so i'm lacking talent at the QB position, but still..both are so inconsistant you never know who to start, I'm going with Warner vs the Bungles this weekend...so naturally Bulger will throw for 400yds and 6 TDs)

WR: Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson (Obviously I normally start Moss and Chad...but with Andre coming back this week do I sit Chad vs a stingy Arizona secondary or play both Johnsons with one at the flex?

RB: Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Kevin Jones, Ryan Grant, Edgerrin James (now you see my delima...they are all inconsistant...I am starting Jackson and Bush obviously....but do I start another one of these guys at the Flex or go with one my WRs?)

TE: Always Witten...

K: This week Akers

DEF: Always Minn (which really screwed me overl ast weekend)

QB: Palmer/Bulger

RB: LT, SJax, E. Graham

WR: Holt, Chad Johnson, Crayton

TE: Winslow/Cooley/Davis

Def: Packers/Titans

10 team league, lots of trades, yeah, my league probably is full of idiots. So what!? :P

If you have "to many good players" on your team after the trade deadline then your mismanaging your team.

You should use all those "good players" to get great players from teams that need "good players" to get into the playoffs, and then grab those players backups.

If you have "to many good players" on your team after the trade deadline then your mismanaging your team.

You should use all those "good players" to get great players from teams that need "good players" to get into the playoffs, and then grab those players backups.

I agree! Last year I went for the studs (Manning, LT, Harrison) in my 12 team Auction/Keeper. Since it was a keeper league I gave up a lot of potential this year to try to win last year. I won my league, so the strategy paid off, but this year I was behind the pack a little bit because my keepers weren't as strong. This year I drafted for depth and value, so obviously I would have better keepers, but the depth has made my team very inconsistent all year. Of course whomever I bench goes off every week. For example last week my starters put up 50 pts while my bench scored 101. I am currently 5-5 and believe it or not, I am still only one game back in my division (which is by far the weakest in my league) with three games the next three weeks against division opponents. Needless to say, I am trying to unload some of my depth for one or two studs.

My problem as you can see is all the talent on my team...

QB: Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner (Ok so i'm lacking talent at the QB position, but still..both are so inconsistant you never know who to start, I'm going with Warner vs the Bungles this weekend...so naturally Bulger will throw for 400yds and 6 TDs)

WR: Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson (Obviously I normally start Moss and Chad...but with Andre coming back this week do I sit Chad vs a stingy Arizona secondary or play both Johnsons with one at the flex?

RB: Steven Jackson, Reggie Bush, Kevin Jones, Ryan Grant, Edgerrin James (now you see my delima...they are all inconsistant...I am starting Jackson and Bush obviously....but do I start another one of these guys at the Flex or go with one my WRs?)

TE: Always Witten...

K: This week Akers

DEF: Always Minn (which really screwed me overl ast weekend)

Your real problem is that you are delusional - your team is actually NOT that talented. Your QBs are below average, other than Moss your WRs are below average this year due to injury/performance, and other than Edge your RBs have pretty much been crap other than a few weeks here or there. Witten is great, but Akers and then Minny D? Minny's D hasn't done jack in weeks. So, you see, your post is actually comical and should be entitled "Why did I draft such high profile busts this season?" HTH

Your real problem is that you are delusional - your team is actually NOT that talented. Your QBs are below average, other than Moss your WRs are below average this year due to injury/performance, and other than Edge your RBs have pretty much been crap other than a few weeks here or there. Witten is great, but Akers and then Minny D? Minny's D hasn't done jack in weeks. So, you see, your post is actually comical and should be entitled "Why did I draft such high profile busts this season?" HTH

:rolleyes:

now you know my pain... but what a good pain it is. I'm in a 5th year 16 team dynasty league.. I have built a fantastic team.. too many trades to mention.. but the payoff is coming... I hope.. I'm a little banged up at RB, but I have bench strength in Selvin Young, Maurice Morris et.. I have LT so that's half the battle, but when Deuce got injured and SA nicked up so bad that he is a shell of his former self.. well you get the picture.. But I am deep.. :rolleyes:

if you're playing in yahoo public league #64729834...who cares? you really want that free t-shirt? get a in a real league, stop playing in 4- team leagues against mentally-challenged 6-year old girls, and then post about your team.

if you're playing in yahoo public league #64729834...who cares? you really want that free t-shirt? get a in a real league, stop playing in 4- team leagues against mentally-challenged 6-year old girls, and then post about your team.

Exactly. Put some money on the line, that's when it matters.

I think I've managed to put together about the best team for the playoff run as I ever have in many years of playing:

QB: Anderson, Bulger

RB: SJax, MJD, ADP, Chatman, S. Young, Green/Dayne combo

WR: Moss, Henry, Stallworth, Harrison

RE: Winslow

K: Josh Brown

Def: GB

I think I'm sitting pretty. If Harrison gets healthy and Selvin takes over 100%, I'm going to have a really tough time in the playoffs picking who to start!

Cj