Sign in to follow this  
Ron Paul for President 2008

Exactly when will Reggie Bush finally be labled a Bust

I'm sure your favorite team would love to have him. Want to call him a fantasy bust, maybe. But his stats are good as a football player.

25 career games - 2300 total yards (returns included) and 15 TDs. Not exactly Cedric Benson type bust stats.

I'm sure your favorite team would love to have him. Want to call him a fantasy bust, maybe. But his stats are good as a football player.

25 career games - 2300 total yards (returns included) and 15 TDs. Not exactly Cedric Benson type bust stats.

Maybe if he was a 3rd round draft pick and didn't have his own commericials on during every timeout...then OK...I could live with it....but why all the endorsements?

In the RB world he's pretty close to the bottom...why all the recognition?

Maybe if he was a 3rd round draft pick and didn't have his own commericials on during every timeout...then OK...I could live with it....but why all the endorsements?

In the era of RBBC, I'd take Bush in a heartbeat.

Because he's exciting. Exciting sells, and as a high draft pick with that kind of playmaking ability he had throughout college and has shown in the NFL at times, he's recognizable and exciting. You notice every time he comes on, dont you? Therefore it worked and the marketing people are smarter than you are. Vick had commercials too, and he wasn't exactly the best QB in the league. The average consumer doesn't give a damn about QB rating, they want highlight reels.

Why does Peyton still have commercials? He sucks! :dunno:

Please do not feed the trolls.

thank you,

FFtoday poster.

Because he's exciting. Exciting sells, and as a high draft pick with that kind of playmaking ability he had throughout college and has shown in the NFL at times, he's recognizable and exciting. You notice every time he comes on, dont you? Therefore it worked and the marketing people are smarter than you are. Vick had commercials too, and he wasn't exactly the best QB in the league. The average consumer doesn't give a damn about QB rating, they want highlight reels.

:dunno:

He still is a very good football player, but he is not a great RB. The moves he can make in the open field however are pretty special. He is far from being a bust IMO.

In the era of RBBC, I'd take Bush in a heartbeat.

Every team in the league would take him. I would guess that zero would take him at anywhere near his current contract though.

Endorsements are not dependant on playing skills and winning games. It is about public perception and getting soccer moms and other people who don't watch football to become aware of you. Half the people in America probably think Eli Manning is the best QB in the league, when they see the unstoppable watch ad. Eli Manning is very stoppable and a slightly above average QB at best. The same with Bush, people see him as he was in college, and that is what comes to mind when they see the ads.

I would just like to say that Bush is over-hyped due to his draft position and the resulting commercials and endorsements. He is good player to have but he is not a NFL tailback that can take 15-20 handoffs a game and be that productive. It seem since Duece is out there is pressure to run the offense thru Reggie. I wish Payton would do like Holmgren 2 weeks ago and just start to pass for now and hope we make the playoffs. Reggie can be a great part of the RBBC that many teams are using but man where is Deuce?