Sign in to follow this  
puntjack

Startup Dynasty League...

I want to start an auction-drafting salary cap based dynasty league. Having never done this before, I need help from some experienced commishes and/or owners who would be willing to share their league constitution, lessons learned, etc.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

puntjack@yahoo.com

My advice is to drop the auction and salary cap parts. Just draft straight up and let people build their teams with trades and the rookie drafts. The whole point of a dynasty league is to try and build a team that can win consistantly for many years. If you have a salary cap that will keep owners from building a great team and some may lose interest. I wouldn't play in a dynasty league that restricted my ability to build my team.

What do you want to know?

I'm just trying to get ideas about roster sizes, the way you handle franchise players, increasing retained player salaries from year to year, etc. Do you have a team owner expectation section? How do you handle trade vetoes, if you allow them? Do you have and use a taxi squad? Injured reserve? If so, how do you use them?

Thanks for any help.

My advice is to drop the auction and salary cap parts. Just draft straight up and let people build their teams with trades and the rookie drafts. The whole point of a dynasty league is to try and build a team that can win consistantly for many years. If you have a salary cap that will keep owners from building a great team and some may lose interest. I wouldn't play in a dynasty league that restricted my ability to build my team.

Thanks, but that doesn't help. I see too many problems with a straight drafting league. My frustration with straight drafting leagues has led me to trying to start an auction drafting salary cap league.