Sign in to follow this  
cphk96

1st time Dynasty owner in 1st year league

Hello

This will be my 1st year as a manager in a 1st year league. I am in need of some general help for the upcoming draft.

Our league will have a $200 cap, PPR, with an IDP, as well as the usually scoring. I also have a Taxi Squad and IR.

We do not have our pick order yet. With the above mentioned info, how would I draft,say in the 1st 3rd, mid of the draft order, and the last third.

How would you draft with having a IDP and Taxi Squad. When should I start thinking about these 2 in my draft?

How do you take IDP in account in the draft. Are there any resources that have monetary values attached to the players?

With having an IDP and a Taxi Squad, should my auction bids be lower than a league that does not have IDP and Taxi Squad.

I am sorry for all these newbie questions, I just want to be a somewhat informed 1st year Dynasty League owner.

Thanx in advance

Chris

It sounds like you havent done an IDP before.

But IDP's vary wildly between leagues. In some leagues LB'ers are valued almost as much as RB's, and in other's, all defensive players are almost an afterthought.

However

LBers>DB's>Dlineman

In the average league LBers start coming off the board in round 5. I have never done an IDP auction league, but the top linebackers would be worth as much as a 5th rounder about.

The exception being Willis and Ryans. They probably will go where for the same amount of dollars as a late 3rd early 4th rounder would in a regular draft.

Sorry not much help, but having your first dynasty league having both IDP and being auction is going to be tough for you. Keep reading up and good luck.

It also depends on the point values for your league.

I just started in a new IDP Dynasty League where the defensive points makes those players far more valuable than in other IDP Leagues.

For example, Patrick Willis was the 31st overall scorer in an existing IDP League that i am in. The changes in scoring (basically more points per tackle/assist) moved him up to #2 overall (but still 100 points below Brady).

I just took Willis at 2.10 in the initial draft in the new IDP league.

Use the FFToday "MyFFToday" section to input your scoring system and look at how players have scored (including IDP) for the last 6-7 years. It is truly an amazing feature of this great website!

Good Luck!!!

P.S. ~I have never done an Auction IDP before either... i have little to no idea how you would rate their value in $

~El Duderino