Sign in to follow this  
tbone2370

Cheetsheet Tab

I am just wondering why the overall number of players ranked together is 156 when I scroll over and the sheet goes to 240 but is blank from 156 on. Is there are way to get all 240 spots full for rankings?

Hi tbone. The Compiler fills the overall rankings to the lesser of:

a. your league settings ... number of starters + backups less positions excluded (note K and DEF are excluded by default) * number of teams in the league

b. 240

My guess is you fall under a., as most people do especially after excluded K and DEF from the overall rankings. The reason for this is because the value calculations are funny beyond the requirements for the league. Basically, the Compiler cannot then differentiate what positions are more valuable than others because all the players are then considered replacements/waivers/undrafted.

Keep in mind however, that even if the overall rankings only go to X for your league, the positional rankings always fill completely. By the end of the draft you are probably looking to draft based on position need anyway (i.e. I will take the next best RB no matter what), so the positional rankings become more relevant than the overall rankings at that point.