Sign in to follow this  
Mark DiBlasi

General (dumb!) question regarding Rankings in Draft Buddy...

I've been trying out the draft buddy to make sure I'm familiar with all of the features before my draft. (This is the first year that I've used the Compiler and Buddy products.)

1) When I look at the "Summary" Tab in the Draft Buddy, there are two sections that I have questions on. What is the difference between the "Top Ranked Players Available" section and the "Top ADP Players Available" section?

2) Also, what exactly is th difference between ADP and IDP?

3) Lastly, what is the proper procedure for saving each of the files? Should I just do a save from the Excel menu, or use the buttons in the files to "Save League Profile" and the "Save as..." button?

Thanks ahead of time for the information.

Mark DiBlasi

I've been trying out the draft buddy to make sure I'm familiar with all of the features before my draft. (This is the first year that I've used the Compiler and Buddy products.)

1) When I look at the "Summary" Tab in the Draft Buddy, there are two sections that I have questions on. What is the difference between the "Top Ranked Players Available" section and the "Top ADP Players Available" section?

2) Also, what exactly is th difference between ADP and IDP?

3) Lastly, what is the proper procedure for saving each of the files? Should I just do a save from the Excel menu, or use the buttons in the files to "Save League Profile" and the "Save as..." button?

Thanks ahead of time for the information.

Mark DiBlasi

1) Top Ranked Players are your personal rankings, or the rankings you use from FFToday. Top ADP players are the top Average Draft Position players available (which Draft buddy gets from various sources on the net). The average position they are being drafted from amongst leagues world wide.

2) ADP = Average draft position of ANY player , IDP = Individual Defensive Player (for leagues that use individual defensive players for stats)

3) I just do a save in Excel. "Save League Profile" is handy if you have multiple leagues with different settings. Allows you to save each league with a different name with the program. You still need to do a save in Excel though.

Great answers H.V., thanks.

Further on #3, I'll add that Save League Profile in the Compiler is absolutely necessary to use the multiple league functions and if you want to copy over your league profiles into the Compiler next year. But also, you must save in Excel, which Excel will prompt you to do at a minimum when you close the Compiler.

For Draft Buddy, the Save League As.. [league name] button is really the same as choose File > Save As.. from Excel, and saving the Buddy file as a different name specific to your specific league. If you are in multiple leagues, then you would end up with a Buddy file for each league. I understand from a couple people on Macs that the Save League As.. [league name] button does not work for them. Anyone on a Mac where this does work? I wonder if the new Mac OS is causing an issue here, because this has not been a problem in the past.

Great answers H.V., thanks.

Further on #3, I'll add that Save League Profile in the Compiler is absolutely necessary to use the multiple league functions and if you want to copy over your league profiles into the Compiler next year. But also, you must save in Excel, which Excel will prompt you to do at a minimum when you close the Compiler.

For Draft Buddy, the Save League As.. [league name] button is really the same as choose File > Save As.. from Excel, and saving the Buddy file as a different name specific to your specific league. If you are in multiple leagues, then you would end up with a Buddy file for each league. I understand from a couple people on Macs that the Save League As.. [league name] button does not work for them. Anyone on a Mac where this does work? I wonder if the new Mac OS is causing an issue here, because this has not been a problem in the past.

Thank you for the information. So basically, if our league doesn't draft individual defensive players, I can just ignore this, correct?j

Thanks!

Mark DiBlasi

Yep, just set the DL, LB and DB positions to 0 starters and 0 backups, don't change the scoring and then you're all set. Some people try to hide or delete the DL, LB and DB tabs in the Compiler, but please do not do this. It messes up the update projections and compile cheatsheets functions.