Sign in to follow this  
nochance

Draft pick trade question

So I have a 6th pick and I'm not interested in the players in that area I think a lot of them are over valued so I put my pick up on the open market and a bidding war started between 4 people. The current offer to beat is my 1st(6) 3rd(26) and 9th(86) for a 2nd(19) 3rd(22) and 4th(39). Is that a good trade?

I wouldn't. Seems to me you're pretty much trading your 9th round pick for a 4th round pick and losing first round value.

I think the way to think about it is in terms of how much additional production you expect out of that extra 4th round pick vs your 9th and value you'd lose in your #6 pick.

Matter of preference re: what kind of team you like to build. Personally, I'd rather have the stud you can pick up at 1-6.

Good luck.

So I have a 6th pick and I'm not interested in the players in that area I think a lot of them are over valued so I put my pick up on the open market and a bidding war started between 4 people. The current offer to beat is my 1st(6) 3rd(26) and 9th(86) for a 2nd(19) 3rd(22) and 4th(39). Is that a good trade?

I think you need something more to do this.