Sign in to follow this  
Saintmaniac

Use my #1 waiver pick

14 team yahoo league. We roster 20 guys. Needless to say, the free agent pool is pretty thin. With the WR issues in Cincy and 85's antics, I can see Henry posting nice #'s upon his return.

Some one will have their claim in for him already.

Should I blow my load and use that pick now? Or should I wiat and see if another Samkon gado :doh: pops up?

Sounds like a good idea. You can probably pick Mike Vick up and have the entire Penal League offensive all-star roster. You could call your team the "soapdroppers".

In all seriousness, I don't know who else is availiable, but I would be loathe to invest anything much in Henry. I'm sure some random unhearalded RB or WR will blow up at some point. I'd hold off and see if I could get a guy for the long haul.

Keep in mind that Henry hasn't practiced yet this year, and he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would have stayed in tiptop shape. So he'll practice for a week or so, then get shut down for 4 weeks, practice for a few more weeks, then hope that Marvin Lewis doesn't still hate him enough to actually play him.

If he can stay out of trouble, I doubt he sees any playing time until after the week 8 bye.

I'd save the pick. He won't play for 4 weeks. Who knows who could come available on the WW in that time? Unless you're desperate at WR (and this early you shouldn't be), I'd hold.

Save the pick.... #1 waive priority is worth much more than potential 3rd receiver with an eye for trouble. Wait for the injuries to start occurring during the season. You'll find waiver gold eventually.

go gra eddie royal or desahun jackson, both seem to be shoring up starting roles, one through injury and one through suspension and lack of a quality #2