Sign in to follow this  
ElvisThroop

What did I do wrong?

I've been working to get everything set up for my auction/keeper draft this weekend. While setting up the draft buddy with the keepers, I noticed the values on the offense tab/players remaining are a bit strange. For example, the max bid for LT is $296 in a $375 cap. This is different than the amounts brought over from the compiler ($144). I'd like to be able to see the remaining players with the compiler amounts. Help please!

Also when I've input the holdovers with salary, where does it show total spent or remaining?

Thank you

Hi Elvis. Total spent and remaining is shown on the summary tab.

For the max bid differences, there are 2 possible reasons:

1. You need to his Setup Draft Buddy again to bring over the current numbers from the Compiler, although make sure you uncheck the Clear Keepers and Draft Picks option first since it is a keeper league (and you've put the keepers in). It doesn't sound like this is the problem though.

2. Are the keepers really cheap? Inflation is probably ON in Draft Buddy, which will adjust the max bid values for remaining players based on what the players already kept/won cost. You can turn inflation on or off on the summary tab. It should say in a few places in Buddy if it is on.

Thanks, I turned off the Inflation. That helped with the upper numbers but there are still some odd numbers. M. Bulger for $1.00 for example. Any suggestions?

Back in the Compiler, what overall ranking method did you use? I suggest Compiler Auction Recommended. Go and check that. If you change it, then you need to hit Compile Cheatsheets again and then hit Setup Draft Buddy again to pull those new cheatsheets into Buddy.

I did use the Compiler Auction but went ahead and redid Buddy. Still showing Bulger, E. Manning and others as $1 players. This seems to only affect the QB numbers.

Sorry to be a bother.

Looked deeper and it does affect other positions. Under RBs, Ladell Betts, J. Stewart, Deuce etc are $1. Under WRs, Muhammad, R Curry, anyone below Vincent Jackson($2) is $1.

How deep is the draftable player pool for your league? Eventually, the low ranked guys are going to come in at the minimum bid.