Sign in to follow this  
Quickolas1

11 team league

so because someone didnt make it to the draft we have 11 teams

anyone ever use or find a schedule for 11 teams? we're hoping to find something with maybe multiple matchups per week so a team isn't on bye

any help out there? :music_guitarred:

Had the same thing this year in one of my leagues. We are having only one division and you play everyone twice. That means we will have 20 games over 13 weeks w/ 7 doubler headers.

Had the same thing this year in one of my leagues. We are having only one division and you play everyone twice. That means we will have 20 games over 13 weeks w/ 7 doubler headers.

do you have an example of the schedule?

each team has to be off one week right?

we had 9 owners show 2 yrs ago & just played a 10 team schedule with the 10th team as the "ghost team". the ghost team was the weekly avg. of the league (we threw out the highest & lowest team scores to get the avg.). you really weren't on bye, you had to beat the avg.

we had 9 owners show 2 yrs ago & just played a 10 team schedule with the 10th team as the "ghost team". the ghost team was the weekly avg. of the league (we threw out the highest & lowest team scores to get the avg.). you really weren't on bye, you had to beat the avg.

I was in a league that did this same thing and overall I thought it worked well. However, this was in an oldschool league that was done all offline, not sure how to make it work on an internet league.

great idea!!!!! thanks! :overhead:

so because someone didnt make it to the draft we have 11 teams

anyone ever use or find a schedule for 11 teams? we're hoping to find something with maybe multiple matchups per week so a team isn't on bye

any help out there? :overhead:

Do you use a league management site? Any self-respecting one should be able to figure out a doubleheader schedule for you.

alternately you could do a double schedule. less no time travel (facing yourself).

theoritically this should reduce the luck factor and weight the stronger teams making it to the playoffs.

True there will still be scenarios where you score the 3rd highest and lose both games, etc.

We just had a guy back out and our draft is on Friday. It's the first year of a keeper league so I don't know how well a ghost team with the average score will work. I was thinking of just letting the Auto Pilot pick in his place, and then hopefully find a guy to pick up the team as soon as possible. I'd just do the Top Lineup feature each week until an owner is found.

Good idea? Bad Idea? :dunno: