Sign in to follow this  
NotAClue

Return yardage leagues

Our league just added points for punt and kick returns for individual players. Don't know how many other people's leagues do this, but I thought it'd be helpful to compile a list of guys to target. The idea is to find guys who are involved in the offense as well as special teams duty.

MJD - kick returns last year - is he doing it this year too?

Eddie Royal - Lot of hype for this guy from Denver, is going to be doing KR and PR. Talk of him being the #2 WR even when Marshall returns

Patrick Crayton - Did some PR duty last year. Going to be doing it this year as well? Could really up his value given that several of the Cowboys receivers are hurt

Devin Hester - Seems like Chicago is really committed to involving him in the passing game as well.

Ted Ginn - still doing return duty this year?

Sproles - He looked great as part of the offensive package during the preseason. If he's the offical LT backup, is he still going to do return duty?

Norwood - Depending on how much he steals from Turner, might be helpful if he's still involved in return duty.

Any ideas?

Our league just added points for punt and kick returns for individual players. Don't know how many other people's leagues do this, but I thought it'd be helpful to compile a list of guys to target. The idea is to find guys who are involved in the offense as well as special teams duty.

MJD - kick returns last year - is he doing it this year too?

Eddie Royal - Lot of hype for this guy from Denver, is going to be doing KR and PR. Talk of him being the #2 WR even when Marshall returns

Patrick Crayton - Did some PR duty last year. Going to be doing it this year as well? Could really up his value given that several of the Cowboys receivers are hurt

Devin Hester - Seems like Chicago is really committed to involving him in the passing game as well.

Ted Ginn - still doing return duty this year?

Sproles - He looked great as part of the offensive package during the preseason. If he's the offical LT backup, is he still going to do return duty?

Norwood - Depending on how much he steals from Turner, might be helpful if he's still involved in return duty.

Any ideas?

I think Reggie Bush is slated to be the return guy in NO I think?

Bush will PR on situational downs.

Ginn & Hester are $ this year. Cribbs will probably lead the league in return yards again.

Leon Washington & I think it's Booker from PHI will be decent with limited O roles and use on KR.

Holmes has said he is looking forward to PR again this year, he hasn't done this for two years though.

I think MJD will be still be used on KR. Have no idea about Norwood & Sproles.

I think DAL drafted a return guy and with Hurds injury, I wouldn't expect Crayton to play double duty this year.

Not sure how much PT Royal will see with DJax and Stokely vying for the #2 WR.

DeSean Jackson in Philly is one to watch for with their decimated WR corp and his flashes during PR's.

Dante Hall is determined to shine again this year, not sure if I beleive the hype, but keep an eye on him.

Forgot to mention that Welker will see spot duty in the Pats return game and that Breaston would be a nice late round selection, he would be my thrid target after Ginn & Hester.

Good topic.

:dunno:

Hester will split return duties with Manning, dictated by the situation. Obviously he is the best in the game, but they want to lighten that load a bit since they are committed to developing him as a WR.

WR Joshua Cribbs had over 2,000 return yards for the Browns last year, but pretty limited upside on offense.

Roscoe Parrish led the league in PR average last year, but expect Leodis McKelvin (1st DB off the board, 8 return TDs in college) to take some of the load. McKelvin will also share KR with pro bowler Terrence McGee as the latter is the new No 1 CB in Buffalo.

Desean Jackson ran back a punt for a TD in preseason, will take over PR duties and become a focal point in their muddled WR corps. Quintin Demps will probably get most of the KR (Lorenzo Booker struggled this summer on KRs), so limited return yardage for DJ when it's PR only.

In Oakland Johnnie Lee Huggins is the 3rd WR, won a 7-way battle for KR, and for now, will also do PR (until Tyvon Wheatley's broken thumb is healed - not sure about that injury, just know he can only catch one-handed right now). He had an up and down preseason. Kiffin has said McFadden will NOT be used on KR.

The Redskins will use ARE and Moss to return punts per Zorn.

Steve Breaston continues his role as premier returner in the desert.

Jacoby Jones (great preseason in 2007) is in the coaches doghouse, falling down the WR depth chart and fumbling punts. Still the returner but on a short leash, limited upside.

Rookie WR Jordy Nelson might take over KR duties in Green Bay from Tramon Williams, but probably won't be involved in the offense much.

Nate Burleson returned kicks in Seattle last year, not sure what the plan is this year.

Leon Washington will be the Jets primary kickoff returner again, think of him as Norwood Lite.

The Panthers just signed Samie Parker, but for now Jonathan Stewart should handle a fair amount of the KR duties.

Chris Johnson will return some kickoffs in Tennessee, but I expect Chris Carr to handle most of those duties.

Felix Jones and Ray Rice are other rookie RBs who will run back some kickoffs.

If undrafted DB Brian Witherspoon - dude has a faster 40 time than Chris Johnson - makes the Jags final roster, expect MJD to have a reduced KR role.