Sign in to follow this  
ullloveit

Trading for Cal Johnson

I am pretty High on C Johnson (DET) this season but I was unable to get him. I was going to make this offer to try and get him. Let me know if it is fair, worth it, or just not helpful.

C Portis and J Cotchery for C Johnson and S Young.

10 team league no PPR standard scoring.

QbD Brees 3

Qb Schaub 11

Rb Westbrook 1

Rb Portis 2

Rb J Stewart 8

Rb C Johnson (Ten) 10

Wr Colsten 3

Wr J Cotchery 6

Wr D Bowe 7

Wr P Crayton 12

Wr R Williams 13

Te K Winslow 5

Te V Davis 14

K Graham 16

Def Vikes 9

Thanks for mine.

I too love megatron or whateve Roy renamed him this year, but as a Jet fan it looks like Favre has built a nice raport with Cotchery. Stick with what you have.

My basic rule of thumb is that you tend to get ripped off trading right after the draft. You were high on C. Johnson, and the fact that you didn't get him indicates to me that you ( a ) didn't reach (good job), and ( b ) the other guy did.

Given ( b ), the other guy probably sees him the same way, so you won't get him at good value.

The trade you're suggesting is basically a like-to-like trade that is highly dependent on how you rate the players involved. If you want to make a deal with this guy, it would be better to offer a trade that improves a weak point on him. If no such trade is available, I would say that any trade you make is the equivalent of reaching on draft day -- i.e. don't do it.

And incidentally, when I look at the players involved, it looks like my rule-of-thumb is being borne out. You're giving up too much value imo.

HTH. Mine

p.s. Nice team. If I were you, I would look to upgrade backup RB -- only thing that jumps out at me. Roll with what you got, it's quality!

Your team is fine as it is. Cotchery will be huge this year. His speed and Favre. So will Johnson, but pretty even if you ask me. And Portis is far more valuable than Young.

:doublethumbsup: This is exactly right but if you offered this deal to me, I throw in $20 from my championship pot!

One question...

How come you're not in my league??? :first:

Sorry for apparently offending you with my sarcasm... but as others have stated you are giving Portis away for nothing. You can probably go with Cotchery & Stewart for just Calvin and get him. You just shouldn't give away Portis.

If you don't want the truth then don't ask us to answer your questions.

I surely want the truth and advice just not the insults. ( you offered this deal to me, I throw in $20 from my championship pot!

One question...

How come you're not in my league??? )