Sign in to follow this  
ffsmack

Rank these RBs

Looking to keep 2 of these on the bench, what do you guys think?

Chris Perry

Lendale White

DeAngelo Williams

Williams is the last player from this group I would start week one, playing at San Diego he isnt going to do much as San Diego probably gets an early lead and Carolina will have to pass most of the game, I dont think Perry would be a bad choice as the season goes along but not week one at Baltimore. I dont like LenDale White but he's at home week one in a game that could be close, I'd play White...

Good Luck

Peace...

I also like Lendale the best for week one and it is a clear choice for me at this point in a standard scoring league, but if you are in a PPR league I might consider Chris Perry. I also don't like DeAngelo's match-up for week one.

Many are looking at Perry as the Next Big Thing, but keep in mind that CIN has a crappy O-line, so in standard scoring he'll be not much better than a RB4 in most weeks.

Whoops, I really wasn't clear there. :doh: I currently have Lendale and DeAngelo, and am wondering if Perry is worth dropping one of them. But thanks for the input guys.

If you are thinking long term I'd drop White...

Johnson has been nothing short of amazing so far for Tennessee and I'm convinced he'll be the starter by mid-season (Go Titans!)

Williams of course has stewart in his rear-view. But Williams is definitely doing all he can to keep his job (and maybe a little more)

That is a LOT different than who do i start week 1.

DO NOT drop either of these guys for Perry - especially if you are not in a PPR league.

Both Lendale and DeAngelo are in RBBC, but both are talented backs with very good O-lines. Lendale is VERY under-rated and will get plenty of touches all season (as will Chris Johnson). This offense will run the crap out of the ball. Why would you ever pass with V Young throwing to that group of receivers?

Similarly, while I like his situation slightly less that Lendale's, DeAngelo is a talented back in a run-first offense.

Compare to C Perry in CIN - Pass first offense with a crappy O-line. And yes, Watson will still get his share of touches.

Hmm, thanks guys. Interesting to see what most everyone thinks of White. Personally I think I like White's situation a little better than DeAngelo's because he's more likely to get goal line carries, and Stewart looks more likely to take the starting job than Johnson. I'm not in PPR league and Madd makes some good points, I think I'll stand pat for now.

1. Keep White

So it comes down to Williams or Perry. Tough call. I'd go with Williams as Perry has to contend with Kenny Watson who was real solid last year (not to mention Perry's past injury history).

John Fox likes to run the ball also. Bengals line is said to be a mess.