Sign in to follow this  
Captain Goomy Noomy Roo

Would you consider...

Nothing wrong with that decision, considering the matchup for Arizona and the weapons Warner has.

I personally think Ben's season was a fluke last year. Just my two cents.

Week 1, its hard to bench the guys you drafted as starters. That said, Warner has a great match up, but he also an old man. But with fitz and Boldin you gotta figure he's gonna put up some numbers. I think going with Warner is the play, especially since it's earl;y in teh season (yes the is a contradiction) but while it's tough to bench studs, it's also easier to recover from a bad decision early. The upside of Kurt is massive.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=322022

I'd guess that Pittsburg will pull away from Houston in the first half and run the ball a lot ... so maybe Warner will be the better play.

Also, I don't consider it as much of a "don't bench your studs" decision because warner would have been considered pretty highly in drafts if we knew he was going to be the starter all preseason. Maybe not quite as high as Big Ben, but not that far behind.

I'd guess that Pittsburg will pull away from Houston in the first half and run the ball a lot ... so maybe Warner will be the better play.

Also, I don't consider it as much of a "don't bench your studs" decision because warner would have be considered pretty highly in drafts if we knew he was going to be the starter all preseason. Maybe not quite as high as Big Ben, but not that far behind.

I agree with this reasoning.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=321861