Sign in to follow this  
ffrebel

Would you ever start 2 RB's from the same team?

I am considering starting both Young and Hall this weekend. They are playing a weak defense against the run and there is some uncertainty as to which back gets the most work. Has anyone done this in the past and was it successful? Also who were the two backs?

Without the benefit of seeing your bench, I would say never.

Mathematically, you are hurting your potential points. Basically, you are counting on both RBs to combine to total the points for one slot in your fantasy lineup. By doing this, you are taking away an opportunity for RB2 to score points.

Without the benefit of seeing your bench, I would say never.

Mathematically, you are hurting your potential points. Basically, you are counting on both RBs to combine to total the points for one slot in your fantasy lineup. By doing this, you are taking away an opportunity for RB2 to score points.

They would be in the flex position. I have M. Lynch and Kevin Smith as my RBs. It's a 16 team league with 11 starters each weak and my only other options for the 2nd flex is Reggie Williams or Brandon Lloyd and I'm not lovin either one of those guys.

I can only see this possibly working in a true RBBC situation; JAX, OAK, possibly MIA and DAL and CAR and TEN, and probably DEN.

Still, it's not a strategy I like. Personally, I'd only do it with JAX and OAK -- terrific OLINEs, RBs and Ds; mediocre QBs and WRs -- as a desperation move.

I am considering starting both Young and Hall this weekend. They are playing a weak defense against the run and there is some uncertainty as to which back gets the most work. Has anyone done this in the past and was it successful? Also who were the two backs?

Don't put too many eggs in the same basket. In your case it sounds like two rotten eggs with Selvin and Hall. :unsure:

Ironically, I have McFadden and Fargas in one of my leagues and seriously considered starting both. I had to choose between Fargas, Graham or White and I ended up choosing White. (Well, I guess I could still change my mind...)

Oh, before anyone gets their camel toe in a pinch, this is for the flex spot. AD is RB1 and McFadden is RB2.

The only time I would do this is on a bye week or if it's a LJ/Priest situtaion from a few years ago (they were both putting up RB1 numbers) The only teams I would do this with this year are Jax, NYG, Carolina, those are the only teams I feel have prooven they run well every year and have multiple prooven guys, this view will change during the season but starting from week 1 those are the only teams I trust out of the gate if I was weak at RB and had to start 2.

If I was a dumba$$ then I would start 2 RB's from the same team.

I started P. Holmes and LJ a few years ago until Holmes got hurt. - Championship

If your only option is a back up RB, then your in trouble.

best case scenario is that both produce the numbers of a single pure starter.

decide which you think will have the better day and find another starter to play in the second spot.

There has to be a better option to Hall on your bench or WW

In 2006 I had Tatum Bell and Mike Bell. We start 3 RB's in my league, so quite frequently I found myself starting both of them along with LT. I ended up winning the league, but that was mostly do to LT. Last year I occasionally started both Peterson and Chester Taylor. That worked out pretty well since they both had a decent amount of carries in those games. Your situation is a little tougher...not sure if I would do it not. Guess it really just depends on who you are starting them over.