Sign in to follow this  
P.I.

Titans Homers

Is he healthy? Why did he only have 2 tackles against the Jaguars. He is usually all over the field?

He's fine and played great. It just didn't show up on the stat sheet. MJD and Fred Taylor rarely made it past the D-Line.

Because Thornton is getting them all. As soon as he was acquired, Bulluck's tackles dropped off.

Not really. Just last year. In 2006, Bullock had 143 to Thorntons 107. In 2007 Thornton had 122 to Bullocks 88

Thornton didnt have a good game either, stat wise. I think the Bulluck that had 150 tackles a year is gone. He is more of a coverage guy that will get a few picks, maybe a coupel sacks. But not a guy who will tackle the crap out it anymore.

I am seriously equally as disappointed in his stats. I've started him in every single game for the past season, all of last season plus this past week, and every single time, I am just waiting for him to snap back to normal and post his typical elite numbers. However, I guess this is the way it is from now on; his numbers are down so significantly that it is hard to believe. I'm sure he's still the same elite player on the field, but some sort of defensive change or a different new assignment has removed him from all his tackles.

I am seriously equally as disappointed in his stats. I've started him in every single game for the past season, all of last season plus this past week, and every single time, I am just waiting for him to snap back to normal and post his typical elite numbers. However, I guess this is the way it is from now on; his numbers are down so significantly that it is hard to believe. I'm sure he's still the same elite player on the field, but some sort of defensive change or a different new assignment has removed him from all his tackles.

Long story short. When the Titans defense is Elite, Bullock's stats aren't. When the Titans defense is worst in the league, his stats are great. Not many running backs will get by Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch, Brown, and Kearse.

I appreciate the insight. I need someone who is going to rack up tackles. Might have to part ways with him. thanks again

As some already said it's not Thornton that is pulling Keith's stats down it's the D-Line. Haynesworth, Vanden Bosch and company are so good at stopping the run that Bulluck never gets a chance.

However, I was at the game and he did miss a few tackles on MJD screen passes.

The Titans defense got off the field quickly most of the time. And they shut down the run so effectively that it was all but abandoned by the Jags in the second half. The secondary probably had more tackles than Bulluck due to that fact. Between the secondary and all the sacks, there weren't many left for Bulluck.