Sign in to follow this  
Troy's Boy's

Jonathan Stewart and Reggie Brown for Edge James

I was just offered Jonathan Stewart and Reggie Brown for Edge James.

Here's my team in a 10 team redraft league:

QB: Donavan McNabb, Kurt Warner, and David Garrard (picked up Warner off of waivers... scoring system is heavy QB and alfter what I saw from Garrard's team... :dunno: )

RB: Adrian Peterson, Larry Johnson, Edge James, Kevin Smith, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice, Chris Perry (I know, a ton of RBs, but we start 2 and have a RB/WR flex that I like to start another RB)

WR: Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Justin Gage

TE: Randy McMichael

His team:

QB: Brett Favre, and Matt Hasselbeck

RB: Joseph Addai, Jamal Lewis, Reggie Bush, Jonathan Stewart, and Deuce McAllister

WR: Anquan Boldin, Dwayne Bowe, Chris Chambers, Reggie Brown, Kevin Walter, and David Patten

TE: LJ Smith, and Anthony Fasano

We also start a Defense, 2 IDPs and a Kicker (most ppl have 2 defenses and 3 or 4 IDPs... silly owners :thumbsdown:

Here's my thinking... Stewart is going to take over for Williams relatively soon (though Williams has looked good lately). I'm only going to be using Edge as a #3 RB during certain match-ups (like this week) but I have a few others that can fill in for that position if I needed. I would buy a little insurance for Williams if he would go down. Carolina's running game has looked very good, right now, since they are sharing, they aren't a starting RB on every week... but, If one would be injured, I would have an instant top 10 RB!!! I really wouldn't need Reggie Brown, but he would be an improvement over Justin Gage as my #4 WR... when he comes back from injury (we only have to start 2 WRs so he'd probably be dropped eventually to make room for bye player pick-ups. As to QB, I like mine over his (except I'm not too hip on Garrard... I'm thinking of trading him to the ex-Brady owner).

oh, and we are a PPR league, but we also give a point per 5 rushing attempts.

Well? (Thanks in advance... leave a link to yours and I'll give my thoughts on your questions).

If i were you i would probably do it. Arizonas offense is more around the passing type and stewart is a good replacement for edge

Thanks for mine

If i were you i would probably do it. Arizonas offense is more around the passing type and stewart is a good replacement for edge

Thanks for mine

do it. edge will lose carries to hightower along with all the goalline stuff.

i would hold on to James for now. I think he is going to have a fairly solid year, although I don't like Hightower getting the ball on the one yard line last game. They probably will give hightower one series to James' 3. He'll get his TD's. I think Edge will put up 1250 with 9 - 11 TDs. Do you think you will get more than that out of Stewart?

i would hold on to James for now. I think he is going to have a fairly solid year, although I don't like Hightower getting the ball on the one yard line last game. They probably will give hightower one series to James' 3. He'll get his TD's. I think Edge will put up 1250 with 9 - 11 TDs. Do you think you will get more than that out of Stewart?

Good point... hmm, but the reason why I'd do it would not be for total points, because I don't think that Stewart will get much for a few weeks, rather, I think that he'll be the main RB at about week 8-9, and then be a stud from then on. I think he'll give me more at the end of the year than Edge will. If I follow the trends, James is on his way down and will lose goal line... Williams is good, but so is Stewart... if (when?) one of the two gets hurt, instant stud! If I was relying on Edge being an every week starter, I can see your point, but I'm using him as a conditional starter and can't see that changing.

(I really had to think about what you said, though, thanks for bringing this up... maybe you can still convince me... but I'm feeling a little good about my team and think that I have room to be a little risky with my #4 RB... convince me if I'm wrong :overhead:

I can see both sides of the coin here. It's not a bad move if you do, it's not a bad move if you don't. Personally, I'd probably pull the trigger. Edge is solid, but he's on the downside of his career and as the year wears on he's going to start losing carries.

Stewart is on the way up. He'll share carries early, but will have every opportunity to become the man. Plus you get an upgrade over Gage at the WR (even though you will probably never have to start him).

QB: Donavan McNabb, Kurt Warner, and David Garrard

RB: Adrian Peterson, Larry Johnson, Edge James, Kevin Smith, DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice, Chris Perry (I know, a ton of RBs, but we start 2 and have a RB/WR flex that I like to start another RB)

WR: Andre Johnson, Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Justin Gage

TE: Randy McMichael

We also start a Defense, 2 IDPs and a Kicker (most ppl have 2 defenses and 3 or 4 IDPs... silly owners :pointstosky:

Here's my thinking... Stewart is going to take over for Williams relatively soon (though Williams has looked good lately). I'm only going to be using Edge as a #3 RB during certain match-ups (like this week) but I have a few others that can fill in for that position if I needed. I would buy a little insurance for Williams if he would go down. Carolina's running game has looked very good, right now, since they are sharing, they aren't a starting RB on every week... but, If one would be injured, I would have an instant top 10 RB!!! I really wouldn't need Reggie Brown, but he would be an improvement over Justin Gage as my #4 WR... when he comes back from injury (we only have to start 2 WRs so he'd probably be dropped eventually to make room for bye player pick-ups.

oh, and we are a PPR league, but we also give a point per 5 rushing attempts.

To be honest I think Edge might have a bigger year than LJ. If you get rid of edge what is your projected lineup until J. Stewart or Williams takes hold of the position?

RB1 - AP RB2 - LJ RB/WR - C. Johnson WR1 - Holmes WR2 - A. Johnson?

Done the road you might be looking at:

RB1 - AP RB2 - LJ RB/WR - J. Stewart WR1 - A. Johnson WR2 - Holmes/C. Johnson?

Hmmmmm ....

First, I would get rid of McMichael and pick up somebody else because he is garbage. LJ Smith is going to have a big year I believe. I think you could also take a chance on Keller, Royal, or Fasano.

Second, Reggie Brown won't we an upgrade because even when he can run, he still can't catch and you will never really use him anyway unless 2 of your big 3 is on a bye or one gets injured.

Third, I would have definitely said make the trade until I saw D. Williams this year. He has probably put 25 pounds of muscle onto his frame to make him much more suited for Carolina's zone blocking scheme. Check out how much he weighs this year compared to last, I have yet to look it up but it would be interesting to know. The way he looks, the only way he is going to miss time is if he gets suspended for steroids. That being said, Stewart is also a beast with great speed and great vision. They are both going to be good I think they will both be in the 700 -900 range with 6-7 TDs each.

personally, I'd take my chances with Williams this year. Stewart already started the year off hurt. For now start

RB1 - AP RB2 - LJ RB/WR - EJ WR1 - AJ WR2 - Homes/CJ

and it might turn into

RB1 - AP RB2 - LJ/EJ RB/WR - D. Williams