Sign in to follow this  
yamokosk

Trade help.. Cassel involved

I won Cassel off the wire this week and now I have two trade offers. First it is a 16 team league and the starting rosters is QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, K, DEF. And my currrent roster is:

QB Romo, Cassel

RB McGahee, Chris Johnson, J. Stewart, R. Williams, S. Slaton

WR S. Holmes, B. Marshall, I. Hilliard, D. Hester

The first trade offer is not all that inspiring. But the second is: R. Rice and T.J. Housh for Cassel and S. Slaton. The RB swap I have no problem with. So its really Cassel for T.J. Which is great on paper but then it leaves me with no backup QB. And in a 16 team league, Cassel was the ONLY person worth getting on the wire. My other problem is that TJ is a Bengal.. I know we have only played 1 week but the Bengals first game was troubling to watch. But is this an obvious sell high on Cassel?

If you are for or against the trade, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

I won Cassel off the wire this week and now I have two trade offers. First it is a 16 team league and the starting rosters is QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, K, DEF. And my currrent roster is:

QB Romo, Cassel

RB McGahee, Chris Johnson, J. Stewart, R. Williams, S. Slaton

WR S. Holmes, B. Marshall, I. Hilliard, D. Hester

The first trade offer is not all that inspiring. But the second is: R. Rice and T.J. Housh for Cassel and S. Slaton. The RB swap I have no problem with. So its really Cassel for T.J. Which is great on paper but then it leaves me with no backup QB. And in a 16 team league, Cassel was the ONLY person worth getting on the wire. My other problem is that TJ is a Bengal.. I know we have only played 1 week but the Bengals first game was troubling to watch. But is this an obvious sell high on Cassel?

If you are for or against the trade, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

What other QB's are on the waiver wire? If there's a QB like T Jackson on the wire, I would make the trade. TJ would definitely improve the depth of your WR's and you would at least handcuff the RB situation in Baltimore. No matter what the matchup is with Romo, he will be your starter every week. I would say do it! Either ride the wire for a QB or have him add his backup QB to the offer.

If you start 3 WR's then pull the trigger.

Cassel is fine and like you said high value. Why need another QB with Romo?

Grab a starter during his bye week via wire. You will find something.

This would give you 3 key WR going forward and the Bengals have go up from week 1.

please see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=323433

Thanks for your help.

I agree with what's been said so far. Sell "high" on Cassel. Who knows what you're going to get from him. If he lays an egg this week, NE could up their interest in a veteran FA.

Thanks for answering mine. I say make the trade. Sure Cassell could have a good year but he won't match Romo with numbers whereas TJ is almost guarenteed to get better. You'd be getting him cheap in my opinion. If you didn't have Romo it's another story. Do it!