Sign in to follow this  
Emteesee

Michael Bush or Pierre Thomas?

Michael Bush was earmarked as a first rounder before he broke his leg his senior year; the Raiders have never expressed anything but love for him since they drafted him. Fargas, they say, will likely be out a few weeks. McFadden's got a case of turf toe that could mean very little or quite a lot; I don't think anyone can predict that at this point. Lot's of people saying he's a good play this week but what about longer term?

Pierre Thomas has also been highly touted by the coaching staff for quite awhile. Bush hasn't looked terrific in the running game by any means (although he obviously has in the passing game) and the team seems to have all but given up on Deuce, although he got 5 yards both times he carried the ball last week. Pierre may very well be given the chance to be the feature back in New Orleans at some point; with Reggie getting more involved in the passing game.

Which of these guys makes owners happy them grabbed 'em 4 weeks from now? The rest of the season?

Michael Bush was earmarked as a first rounder before he broke his leg his senior year; the Raiders have never expressed anything but love for him since they drafted him. Fargas, they say, will likely be out a few weeks. McFadden's got a case of turf toe that could mean very little or quite a lot; I don't think anyone can predict that at this point. Lot's of people saying he's a good play this week but what about longer term?

Pierre Thomas has also been highly touted by the coaching staff for quite awhile. Bush hasn't looked terrific in the running game by any means (although he obviously has in the passing game) and the team seems to have all but given up on Deuce, although he got 5 yards both times he carried the ball last week. Pierre may very well be given the chance to be the feature back in New Orleans at some point; with Reggie getting more involved in the passing game.

Which of these guys makes owners happy them grabbed 'em 4 weeks from now? The rest of the season?

I own both of these guys. I'm looking at Bush as a more immediate short-term impact player, but I would expect Thomas be more of a long-term option. M Bush is only going to play as long as Fargas/McFadden are banged up. I think the Saints have figured out that their most potent option is a 1-2 punch at running back, and as much as I like McAllister, I believe Thomas is their inside runner/goal-line back of the future.

I own both of these guys. I'm looking at Bush as a more immediate short-term impact player, but I would expect Thomas be more of a long-term option. M Bush is only going to play as long as Fargas/McFadden are banged up. I think the Saints have figured out that their most potent option is a 1-2 punch at running back, and as much as I like McAllister, I believe Thomas is their inside runner/goal-line back of the future.

I had Thomas and then dropped him for Bush. Obvious reason - I have McFadden. Should DMF go down, Bush is the man, especially now that Fargas is out 2-4 weeks. Turf toe can linger for a long time.

Thomas is iffy over there. Deuce is back and had 2 carries last week. He may get 5-10 this week. And then there's RBush. Too many guys to distribute for my liking - kind of like Denver.

i have both of them too, i probally playing bush tommorrow and giving him his chance..

i guess we will see how good buffs run def. is---damn L.T. is killing me

Thomas has more long term value in my opinion. Bush's future role still seems hazy to me but Thomas will take Deuce's place sooner than later.