Sign in to follow this  
Tricky Williams

Buy Low on Steven Jackson?

Guest BernardPollardFan
Trying to get a consensus on buying low on S-JAX. Horrible Team. Horrible O, But the upside is there for the right price. Thoughts?

Tough part is that the Steven Jackson owners drafted him because they're in love with him. Otherwise he would have dropped in drafts. It's hard to get good value in a trade when the other guy overvalues his player.

Trying to get a consensus on buying low on S-JAX. Horrible Team. Horrible O, But the upside is there for the right price. Thoughts?

I think that SJax's name recognition and draft position will still make his asking price way too high for what his performance will be this year. St. Louis' offense is so bad it's hard to envision Jackson getting in to the end-zone with any regularity. I've always liked Jackson, but I see him no better than a borderline #2 RB for the rest of the season. If you can get him for that price go for it. If not, I'd probably pass.

I think that SJax's name recognition and draft position will still make his asking price way too high for what his performance will be this year. St. Louis' offense is so bad it's hard to envision Jackson getting in to the end-zone with any regularity. I've always liked Jackson, but I see him no better than a borderline #2 RB for the rest of the season. If you can get him for that price go for it. If not, I'd probably pass.

I have the sjax owner on the hook for a deal that includes SJAX and Deion Branch for Lendale and the Ravens D. I am hoping that selling high on Lendale and the Ravens D will pay off down the road.

I have the sjax owner on the hook for a deal that includes SJAX and Deion Branch for Lendale and the Ravens D. I am hoping that selling high on Lendale and the Ravens D will pay off down the road.

I think this is actually a reasonable trade. I think LenWhale's value is probably at a peak right now. I don't see him continuing to get into the endzone every week, so I think this is a pretty good deal if Jackson's owner goes for it.

Would you trade the Ravens D for Deion Branch?

Because thats essentially what you are doing. SJax and Lenwhale will finish with very similar stats. I wouldnt be surprised if the Whale scored 14 or so TD's this year. If you are in PPR though, thats a different story as SJax will still get 4-6 catches per game.

SJAX owner, btw.

Would you trade the Ravens D for Deion Branch?

Because thats essentially what you are doing. SJax and Lenwhale will finish with very similar stats. I wouldnt be surprised if the Whale scored 14 or so TD's this year. If you are in PPR though, thats a different story as SJax will still get 4-6 catches per game.

SJAX owner, btw.

Im in a standard scoring league. But I am a big fan of buying low on high draft picks and selling high on hot start players. As much as I like the TD's that Lendale is getting, he wont keep that pace up and he is a very low yardage back at this point. He avgs like 50 yards a week and if he doesnt punch one in he is a backup at best. With Sjax he is still getting the yards and TD's are hard to predict. They tend to come in bunches for some players. As for the Ravens D, I have the Titans D as well so I would not get the value of having them except on the bye week. Branch is a throw in that I doesnt really do anything for me.

I was just eyeing SJax in my league too. My RB depth is crappy and filled with a bunch of RBBC guys.

Who wins this? Edge for SJax is not a wash imo. STL is horrible but I have to think SJax will produce more in 2nd half of the year, look at their schedule.

WR-Wayne

RB-Edge

for

RB-SJax

WR-A.Gonzalez

Im in a standard scoring league. But I am a big fan of buying low on high draft picks and selling high on hot start players. As much as I like the TD's that Lendale is getting, he wont keep that pace up and he is a very low yardage back at this point. He avgs like 50 yards a week and if he doesnt punch one in he is a backup at best. With Sjax he is still getting the yards and TD's are hard to predict. They tend to come in bunches for some players. As for the Ravens D, I have the Titans D as well so I would not get the value of having them except on the bye week. Branch is a throw in that I doesnt really do anything for me.

Yes the St. Louis situation is a mess, but you hold onto SJax for 2 reasons:

1) He is the focal point of the offense (in both the rushing and passing game), and stays in on passing downs even when the team falls behind

2) He plays NFC West teams 5 more times, 3 of which are in the FF playoffes (Wks 14-16)

His stock cannot get any lower, to sell/trade now would be foolish. It is gravy from here on out.

" It is gravy from here on out. "

After week 8 anyway. I'd find it hard to turn down Marshawn for him.. but my scoring is so TD heavy.

I'm trying to unload him right now. <_< I don't even know why I picked him at #5. I hated the pick then and I hate it worse now. I wish I would have just picked MBIII instead. :dunno:

One offer is for Andre Johnson and the other is for Matt Forte (keeper).