Sign in to follow this  
Phil_Simms

Sports Stock Market

I was paid in real assets. Cashed a big fat check. Money is in the bank. I would suggest this crash is a buying opportunity. It is a market and fluctuates - up and down. If you know how to trade you can make $$$.

I was paid in real assets. Cashed a big fat check. Money is in the bank. I would suggest this crash is a buying opportunity. It is a market and fluctuates - up and down. If you know how to trade you can make $$$.

Yeah, sure.

I guess all of the traders in the NYSE forgot how to trade then? :dunno:

You seem to be the only one making huge money in the market these days. You should definitely share your secret with wall street to help end this recession. I think it would be a swell thing to do and would probably only take a few minutes of your time. Just land your private jet, cancel the dinner plans with Gates, Buffet and Pickens, tell your super model girlfriend to lay off your 20" c0ck for 10 minutes so you can give a brief presentation to save the US and global economies.

PS - I own 10 shares of Warrick Dunn.... should I hold? :thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

Are you buying?

I must admit, I had never heard of Oneseason.com before reading through this thread this evening.

I've been on Protrade.com for about a year and a half, and have found it to be very entertaining (although quite frustrating at times), on Protrade, "stock" values are based on players performance, setup by various scoring systems for the different leagues. A stock can trade at any price throughout the season, however at the end of the season "earnings day", all stocks for the sport whose season has ended are set to the price computed based on the scoring system, and required to be cashed out at the computed price. The following year a new stock for each player will be IPO'd, and then "retired" on earnings day.

It doesn't appear that stock prices on Oneseason are at all influenced by player performance, unless as a byproduct of a player peforming people buy that particular stock. It would seem like this would cause the market to act very illogically....ie it's basically a popularity contest. Is that accurate?

Phil Simms, you seem to be a big Oneseason advocate throughout this thread, can you add any insight as to how the Oneseason market works?

FYI tradesports.com just folded a couple weeks ago.

I would be very hesitant about dropping money on sites like this.

That site had a great reputation and while not technically the same thing (forwards contracts not fantasy "contracts") it is still something to worry about.

I haven't heard about anyone getting their money back. But, the site actually promised all expired contracts pay out 0$ or 100$ while it was running. In their closing, they claimed that no expired contracts will pay out 0$ or 100$. So basically no one will bet the money back they deserved. And Im guessing most wont get what they put in.

Above posters are right, if their is no actual financial backing of real value in a stock/player/contract etc. then it is the definition of an "economic bubble" (intrinsic value" not actual value). While you might make money, you could lose everything. Just a warning.