Sign in to follow this  
We Tigers

The one-stop "trading LT" thread

There are a whole bunch of "should I trade LT" and "what can I get for LT" threads, so why not consolidate into one big, fun, LaDainian's Toe clearinghouse? I think the guy will still be a top 10-12 RB by the season's end, but if the injury lingers, he's definitely going to disappoint compared to his draft position. For the first time in a long time, trading him is actually viable. My outlook is that he's worth keeping, but also worth trading if 1) you can get one of the RBs performing better than he is, or 2) you can satisfy a major need.

That brings me to my situation. I'd like to keep the guy, but I'm brutally weak at WR. Given the fact that I'm thin there (DeSean, Braylon, Welker, Engram, Walter) and hearty at RB (LT, Slaton, Graham, T. Jones, Felix, Hightower), I'm thinking about dealing him for top-level receiver help (.5 PPR). If you could get these packages for LT, would you? In order of the likelihood of them happening...

1. TO/McFadden (for LT/Welker or Walter)

2. Reggie Wayne/Jonathan Stewart (for LT/Welker or Walter)

3. Plax/Jamal Lewis (for LT/Welker or Walter)

4. Jennings/Addai (for LT/DeSean)

5. Fitz/Addai (for LT/DeSean)

6. Marshall for LT, straight up.

Leave your link and I'll get you back. And, if you've got LT concerns, just pile 'em on and join the fun!

No way!

1st of all youre not all that "hearty" @ rb- not without L.T.

AND your wrs arent that bad just under achieving a little

it would be a classic buy low trade for the other guy, cuz L.T. will come around and be a top 5 rb, and win you some weeks single handily.

i guess the trade involving addai and fitz isnt bad (actually pretty good). otherwise stay put

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=327763

I agree with theyhateme. You aren't really too strong at RB (you have a good collection of RB's to play matchups though), and your WR's aren't really that bad, and should start putting up better numbers in the 2nd half of the season.

If you do decide to trade him though, I wouldn't do it for any of the first 3 you listed. I wouldn't do LT for Marshall either, giving up too much unless Marshall gets 15+ catches each game :dunno:

Fitz or Jennings + Addai wouldn't be that bad. I don't think DeSean will keep performing at the level he has been, and Addai isn't a big dropoff from LT. Obviously if you could get Fitz that would be a tremendous upgrade at WR.

Since you are not ready to give up on LT, you might want to think of shopping Slaton + DeSean instead. Like I said earlier, I don't think DeSean will keep up his pace, and although he didn't do much in the way of catches this past week, I think his stock is still high enough to get some trade value. You could essentially try replacing Slaton for LT in most of those trade scenarios and you could get a taker.

Thanks for looking at mine.

I might do the Fitz/Addai one but would steer clear of the others. I have LT too and he scares the crap outta me with that toe. Thanks for mine.

the LT owner in my league offered him to me for Steve Smith. Its a ppr league.

I might give him McGahee and he would give me driver to even out the rosters? What do you think of that?

Smith might be a little too little, particularly considering the advice others have given me, especially if you're throwing anyone else in.

I like the idea about shopping Slaton and DeSean--I think Slaton's got a lot of value, but rookies do tend to hit a wall at some point, particularly those on poor teams.

thanks for mine.

i am actually in the same predicament. i was offered addai and fitz for LT2 and colston about a month ago and i am kicking myself for not taking it now. even with LT2's 2 good games recently, he sucked it up royally last week and aggravated his toe yet again. i have never owned LT2, and was giddy to get him at #3 in the draft, but i don't know if he can harbor top 5 #'s this year. i have put him on the block to trade, but no one is biting. i can't really blame them. but what'seven more frustrating for me is that i have had slaton and cj24 outperforming LT2 hands-down each week and they have been on my bench. essentially, i am an idealist, and i think LT2 will bounce back after the bye. hold on to him unless you get a deal you cannot refuse.