Sign in to follow this  
pk9999

Trade help please

Need help, have RB injuries and have been offered the following trade:

I give up Ryan Grant, Isaac Bruce and Chris Cooley and get Ronnie Brown, Todd Heap and an undecided receiver

My current RB situation is Westbrook, Parker, Slaton and Grant. With Westbrook and Parker hurt I'm left with Slaton and Grant. I like Slaton but Grant has been brutal.

I will have to pick up a serviceable TE on the waiver wire. The trade is essentially Grant and Cooley for Brown.

My struggle is this: Do I ride out my RB injuries which should only last a week or two and hope Grant picks it up or do I dump my TE For Brown now. Once the injuries subside (if ever) TE would then be my only weak spot.

Well, I like Brown better than anyone on your roster besides Westbrook, so I think it's a pretty decent trade no matter what. As long as Bruce isn't your top receiver, I think it would be a decent deal for you even if your team weren't banged up. Brown/Slaton have both had their bye weeks and will get you through any rough spots as Westbrook and Parker recover from their injuries. If someone like Scaife, Fasano, Zach Miller, or even Dustin Keller is on the wire at TE, I would definitely take the trade. At tight end, nobody but Witten has really had a great year, so who cares if you're getting Brown?

Need help, have RB injuries and have been offered the following trade:

I give up Ryan Grant, Isaac Bruce and Chris Cooley and get Ronnie Brown, Todd Heap and an undecided receiver

My current RB situation is Westbrook, Parker, Slaton and Grant. With Westbrook and Parker hurt I'm left with Slaton and Grant. I like Slaton but Grant has been brutal.

I will have to pick up a serviceable TE on the waiver wire. The trade is essentially Grant and Cooley for Brown.

My struggle is this: Do I ride out my RB injuries which should only last a week or two and hope Grant picks it up or do I dump my TE For Brown now. Once the injuries subside (if ever) TE would then be my only weak spot.

I don't think I like that trade for you. Obviously injuries are hurting you but you should get Parker back soon (he practiced Tues) and Westbrook (hopefully a couple weeks). I like the trade in the aspect that you give up a TE and Grant (garbage) for Brown, but what are you left with at TE? You're scouring the WW for the TE of the week. That sucks! At best you'll be losing 5-6 points a week.

If Parker doesn't play this week, Grant has a decent matchup. Slaton has good matchups for the next 4-5 weeks so you have time for westy to come back.

Let me ask you this. If you make the trade and both Parker and Westy are back in 2 weeks. Who are you leaving on the bench to rake up points? Slaton, Brown, Parker, or Westbrook? Don't know how many you can start, but if its 2, you'll really be missing the TE.