Sign in to follow this  
bwings

Huge Trade in the Works

I offered Schaub/Calvin for Addai/Pennington. He wants me to sweeten the deal.

I'm thinking of offering Schaub/Calvin/Slaton/Housh for Addai/Pennington/Andre Johnson/Wes Welker.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K

QB: Brees, Schaub, Hasselbeck

RB: Westbrook, Forte, Slaton, Benson

WR: Housh, Calvin, Cotchery, DeSean, Engram

TE: Winslow, Carlson

DEF: Minnesota, Buffalo

K: Gould

Thoughts?

I don't like the deal from your side.

Schaub vs. Pennington - He wins Schaub has been playing well his last 2 games.

Calvin vs. A. Johnson - You win. Andre is a monster.

Slaton vs. Addai - Push leaning he wins if Addai is hurt.

Housh vs. Welker - He wins as long as Palmer comes back eventually.

Going off of that reasoning, I'd keep what you have. A. Johnson is a beast, but I think your giving up too much. He may want Schaub to go along with A. Johnson anyway.

I don't like the original deal on your side anyway b/c it leaves you without a backup if Brees goes down and Hasselbeck is borderline useless this season and I don't think Addai upgrades your backfield that much when westbrook comes back.

Check mine please:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328732

I offered Schaub/Calvin for Addai/Pennington. He wants me to sweeten the deal.

I'm thinking of offering Schaub/Calvin/Slaton/Housh for Addai/Pennington/Andre Johnson/Wes Welker.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, 1 D, 1 K

QB: Brees, Schaub, Hasselbeck

RB: Westbrook, Forte, Slaton, Benson

WR: Housh, Calvin, Cotchery, DeSean, Engram

TE: Winslow, Carlson

DEF: Minnesota, Buffalo

K: Gould

Thoughts?

I don't like the deal on your side at all. Schuab > Pennington, slaton > addai, housh > welker, so all you are really gaining is aj over calvin. With Addai injured and already struggling, i wouldnt want to give up slaton for him. I would stick with what you have.

heres mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328757

Yeah I think the only thing going for you is AJ, bu it'll prob take too much to get him....other wise you'd be giving up too much as the deal stands....keep what you got or try to re-work it....slayton and addai are a wash as addai is hurt and a dissapointment.....if you can pull off a trade for AJ without the RB's go for it.

help with mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=328697

Thanks for the advice. Here is some of the factors that led me to thinking about proposing this one and let me know what you think, counter arguments etc.

1. If Brees stays healthy, I only need a QB for week 9...and Pennington plays Denver. And its not like he's a complete disaster as a backup anyway.

2. Calvin has Orlovsky throwing to him for the rest of the year and Housh might not have Palmer for the rest of the year also. Andre's QB situation is good.

3. While Addai is banged up, Slaton is undersized and could possibly hit the rookie wall.

4. I'm feeling good about making the playoffs and don't mind sacrificing depth to upgrade my starting positions. Pairing Addai with Westbrook and Forte would be nice. And Addai plays Detroit in the first round of the playoffs.

Am I looking too far ahead? I want to stay ahead of the game, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot either with lack of depth. Maybe I should mention this is my first year of FF...so any veteran input is appreciated.