Sign in to follow this  
ChiTownKev

Housh and Garrard for Warner?

First, I was wondering if people thought trading Housh and Garrard for Warner is reasonably fair?

Second, is this trade even worth doing?

If you'll look at my sig, you'll see I have Brees...who is on a Bye this week. Unless he gets hurt, chances are I'd start him over any other QB, whether Garrard is my backup or even if I trade for Warner. Essentially, I'd be giving myself an upgrade for this week, but possibly not much more.

On the other hand, I have a big game in the division this week against a guy who's only one game behind me. Winning this week could put me in a really advantageous position going forward.

If I do this trade, I'd have Marshall, Smith (Carolina), Plax, and Avery as my receivers. We only start two.

My question is, is it worth doing a trade like this, and potentially weakening myself at WR going forward, or would this be a good move? We only start two receivers, and I was planning on starting Marshall and Plax or Avery this week anyway. Barring injury, I was planning on going with Marshall and Smith after this week...they seem to be the best combination. Maybe Housh would just go to waste if I kept him anyway...and he hasn't been all that great.

What do people think? I'll answer yours.

First, I was wondering if people thought trading Housh and Garrard for Warner is reasonably fair?

Second, is this trade even worth doing?

If you'll look at my sig, you'll see I have Brees...who is on a Bye this week. Unless he gets hurt, chances are I'd start him over any other QB, whether Garrard is my backup or even if I trade for Warner. Essentially, I'd be giving myself an upgrade for this week, but possibly not much more.

On the other hand, I have a big game in the division this week against a guy who's only one game behind me. Winning this week could put me in a really advantageous position going forward.

If I do this trade, I'd have Marshall, Smith (Carolina), Plax, and Avery as my receivers. We only start two.

My question is, is it worth doing a trade like this, and potentially weakening myself at WR going forward, or would this be a good move? We only start two receivers, and I was planning on starting Marshall and Plax or Avery this week anyway. Barring injury, I was planning on going with Marshall and Smith after this week...they seem to be the best combination. Maybe Housh would just go to waste if I kept him anyway...and he hasn't been all that great.

What do people think? I'll answer yours.

I'd do it. Looks like you've added Avery recently, so you have the depth. You can get by without Housh. Moreover, get Warner, win this week (hopefully) then turn around trade Warner and get another back up WR and backup QB.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=331075 - help me?

tough call, though I find myself agreeing more with fearsome. That said, if there are teams out there with QB troubles, and teams actually do trade in your league, then it might be worthwhile to use him for a week and then upgrade elsewhere. Again though, you're team's solid and you don't need to trade so I probably wouldn't go through the excercise.

Mine (similar situation actually) http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=331106