Sign in to follow this  
slash

commissioner needs help on trade.

:D

I've been playing for ten years, being a commish for six of them. In all of this time, there hasn't been any vetoed trades nor did I ever vote against a trade, and there has been some bad trades. With that being said, I mostly agree with the no-veto crowd and let bad trades through, however I feel those on this site are too overzealous with blinders on and not clearly seeing collusion. Of course it'll always be a gray area and you'll never get confessions, and when in doubt, don't veto, however usually collusion trades shouldn't have any doubt. I would never stay in a league where collusion trades were allowed.

Agreed. I was pissed earlier in the year in my $$$ league where a Favre for Titans DEF trade (not involving me) was vetoed as "too lopsided" by the league - even though both teams had legitimate reasons to do the deal. All because Favre had one hot week and was suddenly considered an elite QB. Stupid move.

But then a few years ago one owner was pissed off about something and announced "fire sale - all trade offers accepted." The commish overturned the trades and threw that guy out of the league, but it seems like a few on here would let those trades stand. :D

To many people get caught up in players names.The stats are what count.if they are comparable you have to pull the trigger.You can have a owner vote to cover your rear but it's kind of a cop out.Example if you got a trade Terrell Owens for Avery Ocho Cinco for Deshawn Jackson or Chris Johnson for Larry Johnson.If you go by the name you would say no way bad trade.But don't be surprised if all 3 underdogs out score the favorite.Ive been a comish for almost 20 years and have seen it all. In the end realize it's your league and your call.If they don't like your choices they can run or get in a different league. good Luck

99.9% of all trades should go through. there is FAR too much panicking by people on this bored this year

As to what is "proof of collusion"? Neither you and I have seen it yet, because neither of us have ever been in a league where this was going on.

Let the trades go through, and reconsider whether you should be commish of your league ever again.