Sign in to follow this  
Wallyworld

Trade help.

Here's the situation:

Keep in mind it's a PPR league.

I'm 9-1 and locked into the playoffs in my league, and if I win this week I get a week 14 bye.

So, hopefully with a win, and its' looking good so far, I only need to worry about week 15/16.

I was just offered Ronnie Brown (Wk 15 at SF, and WK 16 KC) and M. Colston (Wk 15 at Chi, Wk 16 at Det) for Frank Gore (Wk 15 Mia, Week 16 @ STL).

I like Gore, but I wasn't overly impressed by him this week and the 49ers can't move the ball and he's not getting the TDs in recent weeks (1 Rushing TD in last 6 weeks), but then again Ronnie Brown has been far from impressive in recent weeks, but he scores TDs and has a soft schedule.

I get 2 potential week 16 studs for 1.

My lineup would be this:

QB - Warner (Schaub, Flacco)

RB - Peterson, Brown (Hightower, C. Taylor, McFadden, R. Williams)

WR - Fitz, Colston (TO, Breaston, Bradley)

Flex - TO, Hightower, or Schaub (if he is back ~ can play QB at flex.)

What do you think?

Leave a link.

I think it's closer than the others do, but I would do it too. Gore could be big in the playoffs, but I give it to Colson and Brown by a nose--TDs are worth 6pts., after all....

Thanks for seeing mine

I am with everyone else, do it and do it before he changes his mind.

Thanks for mine

I do it. although your 2nd rb weakens a bit, your flex significantly strengthens. a lot of people would say that you should not mess with a good thing since you are 9-1. But in my years of experience, a great regular season means not so much to fantasy championships. improve the roster if you can. see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=333282

I think I would do this since it's a keeper....Colston's gonna get back on track and Ronnie Brown is always worth a start (IMO)

I really like your logic on this. Easy schedule in the playoffs, however, Ronnie Brown has not been very good lately, and he never really has shaken Ricky Williams off his splits.

On the other hand, Singletary will not let down at all this season, and will (despite his affirmation of Martz) want to see Gore in there more.

If you got decent WR's (an easier bet than Rb's) then I would not do this. If you WR core needs help, go for it. Coleston could be worth it, but I still think Ronnie Brown isn't anywhere near the value Gore is, nor will he come close, even against weaker opponents It's a solid Rb for s good WR and Risky RB. I just dont like it as much as others do.

I'm with Marquette. It looks reaaaally tempting. But I don't think there is a net gain. I like your team better the way it is. I'd roll into the playoffs with TO/Breaston and Fitz anyday, regardless of TO's stats. I don't pull the trigger.

I'd do it. Colston should come around. And I noticed that Brown sked earlier. Even if Brown falters you still have Hightower. And god forbid injury strike you have a pot smoking friend on the team.