Sign in to follow this  
triple_f

Keeper Question

Have to keep one out of SJax, Lynch, Brees or AJ.

12 team league, 1 keeper, PPR, 6 pts for TD rushing, receiving or throwing.

1 pt/20 yds rushing or receiving

1 pt/50 yds throwing

I have kept SJax the past two years, and am considering keeping him again. When he plays, he's a beast, but the problem is he's a pooosay. Has gotten dinged up the past 2 years. Rams have been trying to address the line needs, but injuries have killed them. Usually gets involved in the passing game.

Lynch is also a beast, who the past few weeks has been catching a bunch of balls. Buffalo is a team on the rise, on a running, defensive minded team.

Brees is second in my league in total scoring this year, so I guess I have to consider him. But I am a believer in the "running backs early in the draft" theory. I finished number 1 in my league, and have a first round bye in the playoffs, so I will have no better than the 9th pick. Slim pickings when it gets to me...think I need a RB as a keeper.

AL is 3rd in WR total scoring (Boldin, Fitz), but see Brees...think I should keep a RB.

I would love to hear anyones thoughts.

since pts are the same across the board, I like Brees. SJax is injury prone, so he's a big risk. Lynch is nice, but not a game breaker....not a guy that can get 140yds and 2TD on a regular basis. Brees is 35/40TD type guys and as long as Sean Payton is there, that will continue. Do you know when you draft next year? Can you keep one and get one in return?

please see mine

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=335079

Really??? Everyone on Brees?

I looked at the past years QB leader in my leagues:

07 - Brady

06 - P. Manning

05 - Palmer

This year Brees, Rodgers, Warner, Rivers and Cutler are the top 5 (185-166pts respectively). Some of these guys could have been had in the 6th+ round. I traded for Brees, I think he went early round 3, but Rodgers and Cutler could have been had rounds 6-9 and Warner was on the waiver wire after week 1. We play with a short bench of 2, so we cannot hang on to anyone during bye weeks.

I like to get a good pass catching RB early...so I think having one as a keeper is better team management. When I wrote this, I was only going to ask about Jackson and Lynch, but figured Brees and AJ could join the conversation.

Interesting to see the thoughts.