Sign in to follow this  
fantasy279

Romo (vs NYG) or Thigpen (vs SD)

Romo or Thigpen?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do I start?

• Romo vs NYG
    • Thigpen vs SD

This all comes down to who do you trust to get you the most points without a lot of risk. Some could argue Romo is a risk every week but I would not put my money or fantasy season on line with Tyler Thigpen. I may be biased because I am a Cowboy fan but in regards to reality and fantasy football, Romo has put up some stinkers in the past then come back with a huge one. Play Romo with confidence this week.

I voted for Thigpen. The Chargers pass D isn't great and Thigpen has enough weapons (Bowe and Tony G.) to put up points. The Chiefs will undoubtedly be passing (I expect 35+ attempts at the least for Thigpen) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 280 yards and 2.5 TDs (yes, that's a .5 TD!).

While I think Romo will do okay, I don't see him throwing all over the Giants D. I would expect something like 190 yards and 1 TD from him.

I am a big Chargers fan and I have to admit, their defense

has not lived up to their potential and I think the Giants D

will be keyed up for the loss last weekend.

I would start Thiggie

big game for chargers i think they show up

never bench your studs in the playoffs

you drafted him play him

romo is your man

I'm in the same exact boat and am torn between the two. On one hand, Romo has thrown no less than three passing TDs in each of his home games this year and they have an important prime time game. On the other, Romo is terrible in December and the Giants D is pretty solid, having only given up two passing TDs in the past three games.

Thigpen's facing a SD pass D that has given up 21 passing TDs this year (3rd most in NFL) and Thigpen had one of his best games against them a few weeks ago (and this time he's at home).

Thigpen seems like the safer bet for 200 yds and 2 TDs, but Romo has more upside (as well as more downside). I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I had Bush stink up the joint last night, so I might roll the dice with Romo, but am leanin towards Thigpen at the moment.

Not sure this helped with your indecision...in fact, it might have enhanced it. You're welcome.

I'm in the same exact boat and am torn between the two. On one hand, Romo has thrown no less than three passing TDs in each of his home games this year and they have an important prime time game. On the other, Romo is terrible in December and the Giants D is pretty solid, having only given up two passing TDs in the past three games.

Thigpen's facing a SD pass D that has given up 21 passing TDs this year (3rd most in NFL) and Thigpen had one of his best games against them a few weeks ago (and this time he's at home).

Thigpen seems like the safer bet for 200 yds and 2 TDs, but Romo has more upside (as well as more downside). I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

I had Bush stink up the joint last night, so I might roll the dice with Romo, but am leanin towards Thigpen at the moment.

Not sure this helped with your indecision...in fact, it might have enhanced it. You're welcome.

I think I am going to have to go with Thigpen. All I need is a solid number from my QB and I think Thigpen will do that. Romo, could blow the hell up after last week, TO and his mouth, and still having a bum pinky. It helps that the guy I am going against had Forte and Shockey already go and combine for 12 points. Plus I have TO and hopefully will get some of the points IF Romo has a good game.

big game for chargers i think they show up

never bench your studs in the playoffs

you drafted him play him

romo is your man

I benched Romo for Matt Ryan last week and that led me to a 2 point victory.

Voted Romo. Romo is your number one. Thiggy and the KC weather does not sound like a shotout. So what the G-men lost week. That's not a advantage. I read "The G-Men are mad". So what! I like Romo here also bc Barber is dinged and the WR's want the ball more. Sounds like pass, pass and more pass. This is coming from someone who is starting Thiggy. I have to start him since Orton played already. Another reason to go with Romo. You got Thiggy off the wire. Romo was your top pick