Sign in to follow this  
brees6221

Playoff suicide pool

I'm entering a fantasy playoff suicide pool at work and I'd like some advice on the best strategy. I have to pick from the players from any of the playoff teams to fill the following roster spots: 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR/TE, 2 K, and 2 DEF/ST.

Once a team is knocked out of the playoffs, I lose any player(s) from that team on my roster for the remainder of the playoffs. I can't decide between two strategies; (1) Choose the best players statistically at each position, regardless of what team they are on. (2) Choose the best players from the teams I think will make it at least to the Conference Championships, if not the Super Bowl, even if there are better players on teams that could be knocked out earlier.

The first approach is a little bit more conservative, and would protect a little more against upsets. The second is more aggressive and risky, assuming I choose the right teams to go all the way. Any other strategies I haven't thought of? It's $10 and the scoring system is below.

6 points - rushing or receiving TD by any individual player. Kickoff return, punt return, interception return or fumble return by your defense/special teams.

4 points - passing TD

3 points - field goal

2 points - defensive safety. 2 point conversion run or reception.

1 point - extra point. any defensive interception or fumble recovery. 2 point conversion pass.

What would your roster look like if you entered this pool?

fill out the two playoff brackets as you predict they will go. Find the teams you predict to play the most games. Choose the best players from those teams

this is not a "suicide" pool

What is your definition of a suicide pool? I was always under the impression that it was when you have players who can be eliminated throughout the pool and you then lose that roster spot, but maybe I'm mistaken.

And aren't the match-ups reshuffled after the first round? Wouldn't that make it hard to pick winners if you don't know who is playing each other?

I've always considered suicide pools to be ones in which you purposefully choose losers. There could be other definitions

anyway: yes, brackets are reseeded. This makes it tougher. It's up to you to do a good job of predicting what will happen. If you do so, you will have earned the cash.