Sign in to follow this  
chuckiep

Auction Keeper Draft Question

Once we know the player pool for "keepers" in our auction league, what is the best way to have them not show available on the CC? I'm thinking the best way would be to zero out their projected stats? Would that also revise the other values, for other players for the auction? How can you adjust the

money pool" when dropping players out...? For example, I'm keeping Tom Brady, Andre Johnson and Matt Forte for a total of 70 dollars of our $200 cap. But someone else is keeping Colston, Cassel, and Antonio Bryant for 14 dollars...I'm just trying to get a better ball park idea of what the values of the players are.

We use an online draft instead of Draft Buddy. So I'm not sure putting it into DB is the best option.

Thanks.

Hi chuckiep. I think you should put the keepers in Draft Buddy. The Compiler always creates cheatsheets as if the league is starting from scratch. Once you go to Draft Buddy though, then you can enter the keepers and the players will fall off the cheatsheets. Plus it will track the remaining cap for all teams after you input the keeper dollar values of each player. Then, with the auction inflation feature on in Buddy, it will adjust the remaining values on the cheatsheets based on who was kept. I think that is what you are after.

Even if you aren't going to use Buddy to track your draft, then you can still print off the same cheatsheets as from the Compiler, with the exception that the kept players are accounted for.

BTW, nice keepers at a starting cost of only $70 on $200! The sum of them is probably twice as valuable as that. I guess this might mean you suffered through Brady last year though...

Hi chuckiep. I think you should put the keepers in Draft Buddy. The Compiler always creates cheatsheets as if the league is starting from scratch. Once you go to Draft Buddy though, then you can enter the keepers and the players will fall off the cheatsheets. Plus it will track the remaining cap for all teams after you input the keeper dollar values of each player. Then, with the auction inflation feature on in Buddy, it will adjust the remaining values on the cheatsheets based on who was kept. I think that is what you are after.

Even if you aren't going to use Buddy to track your draft, then you can still print off the same cheatsheets as from the Compiler, with the exception that the kept players are accounted for.

BTW, nice keepers at a starting cost of only $70 on $200! The sum of them is probably twice as valuable as that. I guess this might mean you suffered through Brady last year though...

Mike - Adjusted for inflation is on, but the players values on the cheat sheets, stay the same. The only way that I have seen so far to see the inflated value is to nominate the player, and then it shows up on the auction input screen.

Also - there is quite a bit of lag on the nomination/final bid/player ownership...I'm not sure if the DB requires the clock to run out, or if you manually have to hit the save button to make the pick, but if I use the DB To track the online draft, I do'nt want to have to hit save after every pick...

You think I did well - well here is one team and their proposed keepers - Warner $1, Fitzgerald $15, and DeAngelo Williams $2 - He's sitting pretty. It's a keeper league where you get the player for 3 years max, and in their third year their salary goes to 1.5x what you drafted them at 2 years ago....

CP

Hey CP. If Inflation is set to on then you should definitely see adjusted dollar amounts everywhere - cheatsheets (player remaining), summary tab, etc. and not just the auction input tab as they are nominated.

Also, no need to hit Save after every nomination/winning bid. Are the macros set to on?

How about you send me your copy of Draft Buddy so I can look at this inflation thing? compiler@fftoday.com

Wow, those keepers are sick. You have some pretty relaxed keeper rules. I don't mind rewarding a guy for good late round keepers, but that might be a little extreme he benefits so much for 3 more years after he drafted them.