Sign in to follow this  
MicktheGreat

Quick Keeper Question

So...my keeper team in my 10-team league is stacked right now, thanks to some lucky WW pick-ups last season and some mid-season trades. Anyway, I now have the problem of narrowing my team down to 5 keepers.

Scoring:

10 yds. rushing/receiving = 1 pt.

25 yds. passing = 1 pt.

TDs (rushing/receiving/passing) = 6 pts.

INTs = -2 pts.

Fumbles = -2 pts.

Start:

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

My Team (Pick 5):

QB: Tyler Thigpen, Joe Flacco

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, DeAngelo Williams, Brian Westbrook, Pierre Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Laurence Maroney, Cadillac Williams

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Bryant, Vincent Jackson, Michael Jenkins

TE: Jason Witten

K: Matt Prater

DEF: Ravens

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a link and I'll try to answer your question as quickly as possible.

Wow very solid team. As for the keepers here is who I would keep in order:

MJD

D.Williams

Fitz

D.Bowe

Whitten

If you can trade by all means try and package R.Brown/? for a top QB. In a keep 5, non ppr I would want a top QB. If you could trade for A.Rodgers or P.Rivers I would do it. In your format top QBs score a ton of points I assume.

If you could get your keepers to look something like A.Rodgers/MJD/DWill/Fitz/Bowe or Whitten you would be off to a great start. Then I would also try and trade some of your other talent for draft picks or package them with draft picks to move up.

If you can't trade until after the draft then....

It is close for me b/t Bowe/P.Thomas/R.Bown but since Bowe would be a starter and P.Thomas/R.Brown are depth I like helping the starting roster. There is a good chance that you can draft P.Thomas back anyway. This gives you top players at RB/WR/TE. Now you are free in the draft to take the best players available regardless of position. I would not worry about a QB unless a great one falls. If you draft the best players available you can always trade for a top QB.

So...my keeper team in my 10-team league is stacked right now, thanks to some lucky WW pick-ups last season and some mid-season trades. Anyway, I now have the problem of narrowing my team down to 5 keepers.

Scoring:

10 yds. rushing/receiving = 1 pt.

25 yds. passing = 1 pt.

TDs (rushing/receiving/passing) = 6 pts.

INTs = -2 pts.

Fumbles = -2 pts.

Start:

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

My Team (Pick 5):

QB: Tyler Thigpen, Joe Flacco

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, DeAngelo Williams, Brian Westbrook, Pierre Thomas, Ronnie Brown, Laurence Maroney, Cadillac Williams

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Bryant, Vincent Jackson, Michael Jenkins

TE: Jason Witten

K: Matt Prater

DEF: Ravens

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a link and I'll try to answer your question as quickly as possible.

I'd keep MJD, DWill, Westbrook, Fitzgerald, Bowe. Thats 5 guys that are top 30-35 players. I don't see the point in keeping Witten over say Brian Westbrook. Think you are losing a ton of value there. Westbrook is a top 20 player and Witten is more like a top 50 player. You should be able to trade Westbrook and get back more than Jason Witten. If you can package Westbrook and Bowe for a top 5-10 WR then I'd consider that. I'm just not a fan of keeping a TE unless your options are limited, and yours are not. QB and a 3rd WR would be your early focus in the draft unless you can swing a trade for a top QB using guys like Pierre Thomas and Ronnie Brown.