Sign in to follow this  
Chuck2009

Trade Help! Fitzgerald for Draft pick(s)!?!?!?

Would you trade Larry Fitzgerald in this situation?

I am in a 3rd year 10 team keeper league.

1 point per 10 rush, 15 rec, 25 pass. Not a PPR. All Touchdowns are 6 points

I finished 3rd last year so I am picking 8th in 09' via snake draft.

We keep 3 players with no restictions. (don't mess with picks)

here is my team...

Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)

Tashard Choice (Dal - RB)

Ryan Grant (GB - RB)

Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)

Chris Johnson (traded to another team for a 2nd round pick)

Steven Jackson (StL - RB)

Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)

Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)

Brandon Marshall (Den - WR)

Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)

Wes Welker (NE - WR)

Roy Williams (Dal - WR)

Jason Witten (Dal - TE)

Kris Brown (Hou - K)

Arizona (Ari - DEF)

Carolina (Car - DEF)

I was planning on keeping MJD, SJax, and L Fitz.

An offer was proposed to trade Fitz for a 3rd round pick to another team (to be kept as one of thier keepers)

I would then keep Reggie Wayne in his place.

This would leave me with MJD, SJax, and Reggie Wayne as my keepers and have 2 third round picks.

I basically view this as trading Larry Fitzgerald for Reggie Wayne and a 3rd round pick.

Would you make the trade?

It's interesting to see how only keeping 3 players effects these types of trades. In my league we keep almost verybody, so the idea of trading Fitz for a 3rd would be insane. Here, the reasoning is at least sensible.

Ultimately, I wouldn't do it though. I just think Fitz is such an elite WR that he's going to be very hard to replace. I don't expect Wayne to be close enough to Fitz this year to pull that trade off.

What players do you expect to be available when that 3rd round pick comes around? To me, that would probably make the biggest difference. Just looking at it without having a good idea for who will be available though, I say to keep Fitz.

I'd appreciate any advice you may have on my question as well!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=346994

It's interesting to see how only keeping 3 players effects these types of trades. In my league we keep almost verybody, so the idea of trading Fitz for a 3rd would be insane. Here, the reasoning is at least sensible.

Ultimately, I wouldn't do it though. I just think Fitz is such an elite WR that he's going to be very hard to replace. I don't expect Wayne to be close enough to Fitz this year to pull that trade off.

What players do you expect to be available when that 3rd round pick comes around? To me, that would probably make the biggest difference. Just looking at it without having a good idea for who will be available though, I say to keep Fitz.

I'd appreciate any advice you may have on my question as well!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=346994

What if it is a 2nd round pick? Does that sweeten the deal?

To some extent it depends on where the pick is. If the pick is 3.01, I'd be more interested than if it's 3.10. By that point in the draft, it's really going to be more like a 6th round pick, and all the high-value players who couldn't be kept because of the 3-keeper limit will be snapped up by then. Fitz for Reggie Wayne and a 3rd-rounder is actually probably Fitz for Reggie Wayne and Santonio Holmes, or Wayne and Addai, or Wayne and Romo, etc.

You already got the extra 2nd round pick from dealing Chris Johnson, so I'm inclined to say hold onto Fitz and be happy with the extra early depth you have now. I have Fitz as a top-2 receiver in non-PPR and Wayne only somewhere around 7/8, so that factors into my opinion on this as well.

To some extent it depends on where the pick is. If the pick is 3.01, I'd be more interested than if it's 3.10. By that point in the draft, it's really going to be more like a 6th round pick, and all the high-value players who couldn't be kept because of the 3-keeper limit will be snapped up by then. Fitz for Reggie Wayne and a 3rd-rounder is actually probably Fitz for Reggie Wayne and Santonio Holmes, or Wayne and Addai, or Wayne and Romo, etc.

You already got the extra 2nd round pick from dealing Chris Johnson, so I'm inclined to say hold onto Fitz and be happy with the extra early depth you have now. I have Fitz as a top-2 receiver in non-PPR and Wayne only somewhere around 7/8, so that factors into my opinion on this as well.

I was just offered a second round pick for LF! Should I do it now?

I think you are insane. I am going to take your team away if you don't stop fiddling with it. You already traded Chris Johnson away, which was bad enough, now LF. You are now thin at RB, when you didn't need to be, and now you are thinner at WR - because no one is going to mistake Wayne for LF anymore.

Don't make your team worse by making someone else's better.....

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=347024 <----- Mine

I was just offered a second round pick for LF! Should I do it now?

As I said, the earlier the pick, the more appealing, but I think 3 picks in the first two rounds of a 10-team league is plenty. You'll already get plenty of very good depth with those picks, and I think all your keepers should be as close to superstars as possible in a league that only keeps 3. Also, if this is an unrestricted keeper league and you can hold the players as long as you please, you definitely shouldn't be trading Fitz.

Thank you! You talked me into declining the trade. I appreciate the help and talking some sense into me!

If I didn't make the Chris Johnson trade then who would I have kept?

I actually like MJD and Jackson over Chris Johnson this year, so I think that trade was good. Could have dealt Jackson instead if you were feeling risk-averse, but that's splitting hairs. When you have four picks at first-round value and can only keep three it makes sense to get something for the 4th, unless you have such an early pick that you think you can get that guy back. At 1.08, that wouldn't be the case.