Sign in to follow this  
rsekine

HELP WITH SETUP O-FLEX

Hello and thanks for the help. I am in a league that starts the following QB(1), RB(1), WR(1), TE(1), D/ST(1), K(1), and two flex positions FLEX 1 (RB/WR) FLEX 2(WR/TE). We can have a max of 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 3WRs, 3 TEs, 2 Defs, 2 Ks, 6 total players on the bench.

What I did was place a 2 on the O-flex starter per team, then 2.5 for RBs and WRs backups per team.I also checked RBs, WRs, and TEs, for positions to include in Offense flex.

Since one of our flexes is WR/TE, should I check the "combine WR/TE" box? What is this box for?

Thanks again.

The combine WR/TE position is basically to shove those 2 positions into 1, since some leagues do that without a required TE. I don't think you want to do that, since you have a specific TE starter. Let's do this for your rather unique setup:

Starters: QB = 1, RB = 1, WR = 1.75, TE = 1.25, K = 1, DEF = 1, O-Flex = 1

Backups: QB = 1, RB = 2.5, WR = 2.5, TE = 0, K = 0, DEF = 0

Check these positions as being included in the flex: RB, WR

With this I've basically added your WR/TE flex to the basic starters by giving is 0.75 weight to the WR, and 0.25 weight to TE. I think that is fair, or you might even want to do it more to WR ... how many people are going to start 2 TE during the season when there is already 1 TE off the board for each team - not very many.

As for the backups, hmm... can you only draft a maximum of 3 RB for your team? And a max of 3 WR even though you're going to start 2 or 3 per week?

Thanks Mike! This is a new league for me and I find it interesting trying to figure out my draft strategy given the limits on the positions on the bench. As I see there are 2 optimal starter teams with two RB/WR and WR/TE Flex slots. No way one starts two TEs or even draft 3!

Team 1 Starters QB1 RB1 RB2 WR1 WR2 TE1 K1 D1

Bench QB2 RB3 WR3 TE2 K2 D2

Team 2 Starters QB1 RB1 WR1 WR2 WR3 TE1 K1 D1

Bench QB2 RB2 RB3 TE2 K2 D2

Yes thats right we can only draft 3 RBs and 3 WRs.

We actually have TWO Flex positions one is (RB/WR) the second is (WR/TE), would the numbers be the same with this new information?

I think I see what you are doing with the numbers, Oflex = 1 and could be RB or WR, the the WR=1.75 and TE = 1.25 (this cover folks who may start 2 TEs right?)

Well Thanks for the help and great tool.

The combine WR/TE position is basically to shove those 2 positions into 1, since some leagues do that without a required TE. I don't think you want to do that, since you have a specific TE starter. Let's do this for your rather unique setup:

Backups: QB = 1, RB = 2.5, WR = 2.5, TE = 0, K = 0, DEF = 0

Check these positions as being included in the flex: RB, WR

With this I've basically added your WR/TE flex to the basic starters by giving is 0.75 weight to the WR, and 0.25 weight to TE. I think that is fair, or you might even want to do it more to WR ... how many people are going to start 2 TE during the season when there is already 1 TE off the board for each team - not very many.

As for the backups, hmm... can you only draft a maximum of 3 RB for your team? And a max of 3 WR even though you're going to start 2 or 3 per week?

Yes, the WR/TE flex position I'm just trying to account for in the regular WR/TE starter spots, and drop the O-Flex from 2 to 1.

If you can only draft a maximum of 3 RB and 3 WR (I'd lobby to change that rule), then we should slightly alter the numbers, I think. Instead:

Backups: QB = 1, RB = 2, WR = 1.25, TE = .75, K = 0.5, DEF = 0.5

Stay on top of the waiver wire, because at only 3 RB rostered per team, the free agent pool is going to be wide open.

Thanks Mike, I'm new to this league so maybe next year for the change. Still with 10 teams 3RBs = 30 off the board.

Yes, the WR/TE flex position I'm just trying to account for in the regular WR/TE starter spots, and drop the O-Flex from 2 to 1.

If you can only draft a maximum of 3 RB and 3 WR (I'd lobby to change that rule), then we should slightly alter the numbers, I think. Instead:

Backups: QB = 1, RB = 2, WR = 1.25, TE = .75, K = 0.5, DEF = 0.5

Stay on top of the waiver wire, because at only 3 RB rostered per team, the free agent pool is going to be wide open.