Sign in to follow this  
gunnergip

Lorenzo Neal Waived by Raiders

One of the pros for Run DMC I have seen out there, on multiple sites actually, is how he now has a hard-nosed fullback to clear holes for him in Lorenzo Neal. This "pro" is now gone as the Raiders waived Neal today. How much does this hurt Run DMC? Personally, I am not as high on him as most others are simply because I had him on my team last year (he blew), believe in soph. slumps (to a degree), and loath the fact he is on the Raiders (last time I checked, they also blow). On a recent ESPN Podcast, Matthew Berry was arguing about how Oakland trying to run the ball all the time will be a good thing for Run DMC owners. This is true to a certain extent: this means he will see a lot of touches, but also means that if Oakland can't throw the ball, he will see 8 in the box all the time. Take a look at a guy like Michael Turner last year. We all know his talent and how many times he carried the ball in 2008. We also know that Turner's stats are inflated because he had monster games against soft teams and virtual no shows against tough opponents. Oakland's schedule is pretty damn tough this year and Run DMC is no Michael Turner. If Turner disappears during tough games and Run DMC is no comparison to Turner, wouldn't one think Run DMC is in for a long season based on what above average teams did against Turner? In other words, if Turner sees 8 in the box weekly and does phenomenal against cupcakes and average to below average against tough opponents, won't Run DMC have a harder time than Turner? Oakland plays KC twice, Denver twice, Cleveland, Cinci, and Houston. Those are the only teams I have as being "cupcakes" in terms of soft run def. The rest of the schedule looks like a nightmare and after all it is Oakland (not sure anyone can be called a cupcake when facing Oakland) At any rate, I will be one of the managers "experts" are grouping as guys who will let Run DMC fall and take Pierre Thomas, Derrick Ward or Kevin Smith instead.

Weird. Maybe Neal has lost it. He was awesome blazing a trail for LT in SD. And he was pretty good blocking for McClain in Baltimore last year too. I'll be interested to see where he lands.

I'm sure his 40 time wasn't fast enough for Al Davis. Expect Usain Bolt to be signed to his roster spot.

Reports out of Oakland say Neal was so upset he punched an assistant coach in the jaw...oh, wait a second. That was the head coach.

Never mind.