Sign in to follow this  
rehdjac

Delhomme for Hasslebeck?

I like my team, but I got skunked at QB while building depth at RB and WR. How bad are my QBs? Bad. Seriously, probably the worst you've even seen:

Jake Delhomme

Mark Bulger

Jamarcus Russel

MMmmmm, yummy. So, I don't know, I feel Hasslebeck is a worthwhile upgrade over Delhomme this season, though with our system FFT only ranks him two higher. What do you think?

If you leave a link I'll give yours a shot.

Without knowing your whole team, as well as who is on the free agent list, it is hard to advise on specific strategy. Hasselbeck is a slight upgrade over Delhomme for what it's worth. Are you thinking you can trade for him even up?

I'd propose a QBBC, playing the best match-ups in each given week. If Bulger could stay healthy, he could surprise this year. I'd drop Russell and pick up Favre; His first 5 weeks he has a pancake schedule. When he gets hurt (prediction) or when the Minny schedule gets rough, you can drop him. Keep your eye on the Detroit QB situation as well. If you play the match-ups with the QB position, your base of studs at other positions should keep you very competitive IMO.

Odd enough, yes, I've been offered this straight up. I put together a package with an eye to improving my QBs for Hasslebeck but it fell apart and I was countered with just this. I'm asking for outside opinion because I'm a Seahawk homer and am afraid I might be more optimistic about Matt this year than I should.

hass has a lot of weapons in Seattle this year. I like him a lot as a light round QB and would be happy taking him as my starting QB for the risk-reward. Bulger is hurt again and Russel has on Oakland. Delhomme could be a decent start for you as well, but dont expect big games.

sounds like a good straight up trade I like Hasselbank over delhomme any day of the week, Carlson and TJHoush are great targets he just needs to stay upright hey but remember delhomme had his own trouble with the elbow in 07

i like hasselback's chances better this year. he has a lot more to throw to. and actually there is a good chance he will be mine too because i am waiting til atleast the 10th rd to pick my qb this year

mine pls

I think I'll go ahead and do it. Delhomme might surprise this year (off chacne), but I think Hasslebeck is the safer bet with plenty of upside.

I've changed my mind about your question. I originally said that I had Hasselbeck slightly ahead of Delhomme. I've just realized that the Seattle o-line is an ugly mess. They lost LT Walter Jones indefinitely and one other guy. They are trying to patch together some kind of o-line. Not good.

Hass NEEDs strong backside protection to be effective as he has gotten older. Based on this info, I'd rather keep Delhomme.