Sign in to follow this  
patdaddyp

I know it's only preseason, BUT who has stood out to u so far & why?

For me it has to be Arron Rodgers. He's made it look so easy to this point, yet I may know more after playing a good team tonight..

Yep, Aaron Rodgers has to be the biggest standout. Sticking w/ the pack Ryan Grant's stock has improved too since the offense looks on fire. One of the other biggest standouts is GB's D -- they look fast, ball hawking, pressure causing, and most importantly - have dom capers as their D coordinator who loves to dial up the blitz. GB is the D I am targeting in my drafts based on how good their 3-4 is looking.

Yep, Aaron Rodgers has to be the biggest standout. Sticking w/ the pack Ryan Grant's stock has improved too since the offense looks on fire. One of the other biggest standouts is GB's D -- they look fast, ball hawking, pressure causing, and most importantly - have dom capers as their D coordinator who loves to dial up the blitz. GB is the D I am targeting in my drafts based on how good their 3-4 is looking.

Yeah i forgot to mention the def. I'm hoping to see the same dominate D tonight..

Henry is proving all of Palmer's points right... and is showing that he has huge potential to score

Rodgers looks more and more like he is going to be the main man in Green bay for a long time.. and proves my theory of players who are in positions where they can sit back and learn from a great player, or have a few years playing along side a hall of fame caliber player, learn from them, and becomes one of the best ways to produce another great talent

Examples

Favre- Brunell

Favre- Rodgers

Montana- Young

Rice- Owens

C.Carter- Moss

Bledsoe(at that point in his career)- Brady

Harrison-Wayne

Moss/Carter- Fitzgerald (Ball Boy)

Packers Defense looks awesome... agree 100% on that

James Davis looks like a great rookie, and could very well dip into Lewis's production

Lesean McCoy looks like the real deal and could put up westbrook(elite type numbers) if Westbrook were to get a significant injury.. regardless when Westbrook gets tweaked up and he will.... McCoy will definitely produce in that offense and especially with his skill set which is very similar to Westy's

Bears offense looked twice as good as last year with Cutler throwing back there.. Earl Bennett could have a break out year, break 1000yds, 80 receptions, and 6-8 tds.. definitely keep a close eye on Cutler's favorite target (see Brandon Marshall last two seasons)

I was excited about Troy Williamson, but than looked deeper into his production over his career... he has always been a "WHAT IF" type player.. usually has a great pre-season and than disappears in the regular season... worth keeping an eye on him though due to the Jags not having a lot of options besides Holt/MJD in the passing game

Peyton Manning... looks elite again.. and it really shows how much missing training camp can affect your season like it did for him in 2008.. but he is so good he still threw 27Tds last year.. i think he could easily throw 35+ this year.. more or less depends on the Colts defense and how much they NEED to pass the ball

OchoCinco looks primed to prove every one wrong.. very good chance of getting back to a normal type season... 1400yds, 8tds and 80-90 receptions

well, there's the usual suspects: Glenn Coffee, James Davis, Troy Williamson, Chris Henry. ;)

Rodgers has been very sharp, as has Matt Ryan. And the GB DEF will be much improved. I think more will be told after this week.

Henry is proving all of Palmer's points right... and is showing that he has huge potential to score

Rodgers looks more and more like he is going to be the main man in Green bay for a long time.. and proves my theory of players who are in positions where they can sit back and learn from a great player, or have a few years playing along side a hall of fame caliber player, learn from them, and becomes one of the best ways to produce another great talent

Examples

Favre- Brunell

Favre- Rodgers

Montana- Young

Rice- Owens

C.Carter- Moss

Bledsoe(at that point in his career)- Brady

Harrison-Wayne

Moss/Carter- Fitzgerald (Ball Boy)

Packers Defense looks awesome... agree 100% on that

James Davis looks like a great rookie, and could very well dip into Lewis's production

Lesean McCoy looks like the real deal and could put up westbrook(elite type numbers) if Westbrook were to get a significant injury.. regardless when Westbrook gets tweaked up and he will.... McCoy will definitely produce in that offense and especially with his skill set which is very similar to Westy's

Bears offense looked twice as good as last year with Cutler throwing back there.. Earl Bennett could have a break out year, break 1000yds, 80 receptions, and 6-8 tds.. definitely keep a close eye on Cutler's favorite target (see Brandon Marshall last two seasons)

I was excited about Troy Williamson, but than looked deeper into his production over his career... he has always been a "WHAT IF" type player.. usually has a great pre-season and than disappears in the regular season... worth keeping an eye on him though due to the Jags not having a lot of options besides Holt/MJD in the passing game

Peyton Manning... looks elite again.. and it really shows how much missing training camp can affect your season like it did for him in 2008.. but he is so good he still threw 27Tds last year.. i think he could easily throw 35+ this year.. more or less depends on the Colts defense and how much they NEED to pass the ball

OchoCinco looks primed to prove every one wrong.. very good chance of getting back to a normal type season... 1400yds, 8tds and 80-90 receptions

I'm drinking your koolaid my man..Great points. :lol: