Sign in to follow this  
jujuu

Fantasy Football Stock Markets

Has anybody played any of the fantasy football stock markets like www.fantasysportstrader.com or www.protrade.com?

It will be my first shot at playing both of these, so I was wondering if you guys had any certain strategies (or good buy tips) for them. Here is my current strategies for each...

Fantasy Sports Trader

QBs - I think the middle of the road QBs have some value, it seems like there are always a couple of guys ranked 10-20 who surprise (like Ryan and Warner last year). So with that in mind, I was looking at getting some Garrard and Orton shares, and maybe a share or two of Shaun Hill and C. Palmer. I will however get some P. Manning, that guy is always a top QB

RBs - For the most part, top RBs remain top RBs, just shuffle their rankings a bit. I like Forte and MJD. I also like Fred Jackson for $.10 and Ahmad Bradshaw for $.18

WRs - All of the top guys are pretty expensive, but I expect them to stay there. Even with off years, the top WR tend to finish in the top 8 or so. I think R. Moss is a good deal along with S. Smith (Carolina). Housh at $1.35 seems like a candidate for a huge year. I know for sure that I won't touch Brandon Marshall though. Chris Henry at $.10 seems like a steal, and I plan on loading up on his stock.

TEs - I am not really all that interested in the TE IPOs, unless you guys see otherwise, I will steer clear.

Pro-Trade

First caveat, I signed up for Pro-Trade during the end of the basketball season. It looked like the best move at that time was to sell shares (short) of the big name players like Wade and LeBron. I think once the season starts, that will be a solid strategy again. But until then, here are some picks

Buy

Anquan Boldin

Marion Barber

Joey Galloway

Chris Henry (what can I say, I have a crush on him)

Chad Ochocinco

Short

Mark Sanchez

Marques Colston

Brandon Marshall

Donovan McNabb

Brady Quinn

So what do you guys think? Any other meta-strategies that I should be aware of?

Does nobody play these? Any strategy help would be appreciated, as it is my first venture into both of them.

i remember these kind of posts last year.

total scam.

i remember these kind of posts last year.

total scam.

These sites are a scam? Protrade is free, so I am not sure how I could get scammed. Or are you just saying fantasysportstrader is a scam?

These sites are a scam? Protrade is free, so I am not sure how I could get scammed. Or are you just saying fantasysportstrader is a scam?

He said you are a scam.