Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Nate Davis/QB 49ers

Davis is a talented dude who I think could get some playing time in this league. To be honest, I think he has as much talent as any QB on the 49ers roster and he has one thing none of the other QBs do-- he's a playmaker.

Does anyone have a link to his pre-season stats?

I don't remember them exactly except that he had a very good pre-season and I've heard that he's now moved up to #2 on the depth chart behind Hill. He's in an EXCELLENT position to be the starting QB for SF next year based on the progress he's made.

I drafted him (then had to cut him) in my dynasty league. He has a strong accurate arm with a naturally quick release. The only reason he fell so far in the draft is that he has a learning disability (dyslexia). But he is intelligent, and a number of quality of NFL players (as well as one successful head coach) are dyslexic. Apparently some teams thought he would get his x's and o's backwards or something.

I like him a lot, but SF will likely be molded into a run-first team, so I don't think he will be a Brady, a Rodgers, or a Peyton Manning for quite a while.

I don't remember them exactly except that he had a very good pre-season and I've heard that he's now moved up to #2 on the depth chart behind Hill. He's in an EXCELLENT position to be the starting QB for SF next year based on the progress he's made.

I drafted him (then had to cut him) in my dynasty league. He has a strong accurate arm with a naturally quick release. The only reason he fell so far in the draft is that he has a learning disability (dyslexia). But he is intelligent, and a number of quality of NFL players (as well as one successful head coach) are dyslexic. Apparently some teams thought he would get his x's and o's backwards or something.

I like him a lot, but SF will likely be molded into a run-first team, so I don't think he will be a Brady, a Rodgers, or a Peyton Manning for quite a while.

I think the losses in the league title game and the bowl game hurt him, too. Those were games with an interim head coach. I agree he's in fantastic position to be the starting QB in SF next year. There's nothing promising about the other QBs on that team.