Trade Ques

What do you guys think of this trade:

he gets:

ray rice

hixon

I get:

julius jones

burleson

I really hate having to give up rice, but I have edge as insurance policy for whichever RB gets the majority of the carries there and burleson would be a solid WR3 for me.

let me know what you guys think - and leave a link

Thanks

Thumbs down. While I do think Hixon is quickly turning into the odd man out in New York, Rice is better than both those guys. I think Burleson is decent but not worth giving up a solid RB2 who still has lots of upside. That's also a lot of investment in a Seattle team that looked good on Sunday, but remember that they were playing the pathetic Rams.

Thumbs down. While I do think Hixon is quickly turning into the odd man out in New York, Rice is better than both those guys. I think Burleson is decent but not worth giving up a solid RB2 who still has lots of upside. That's also a lot of investment in a Seattle team that looked good on Sunday, but remember that they were playing the pathetic Rams.

Really? You think Ray Rice is a solid #2 already? I dunno, I have him pegged more as a flex/conditional starter. I mean McGahee is still stealing carries, and looked pretty sharp week 1. Rice is also probably coming out on goal-line situations as well. I mean I like him, he's on my team as well, but I'm not starting him. And yeah, it is an big investment in Seattle, but I think it's probably their two best players (other than Hasselbeck) on the offense.

terrible deal for you.

neither edge nor jones will be a top 20 back this year, so it's not really much of an insurance policy. and nate burleson's available on the WW in many leagues, there's no way he makes up the difference between rice and jones.

Yes i would do it. I think burelson is a bit better than hixon however I have Hixon and think he will develope into a good WR. For now, i would do the trade. I think J Jones is gonna have a good year.

Ray Rice is much better than Julius Jones in my opinion. Rice is a RB2 or Flex play at worst every week. He is very versatile and good in the passing game. Julius Jones is not a good RB. The Seahawks played the Rams. The Rams would barely beat Florida if they played right now. Do not overeact.

Burleson also played the Rams. He is not a very usable player in fantasy in my opinion. Neither is Hixon. So that is a wash for me. But I think Ray Rice is much better and has greater upside than Julius Jones...by a lot.

Really? You think Ray Rice is a solid #2 already? I dunno, I have him pegged more as a flex/conditional starter. I mean McGahee is still stealing carries, and looked pretty sharp week 1. Rice is also probably coming out on goal-line situations as well. I mean I like him, he's on my team as well, but I'm not starting him. And yeah, it is an big investment in Seattle, but I think it's probably their two best players (other than Hasselbeck) on the offense.

Seattle offensive players by usefulness:

Housh

Carlson

Hass

Jones

Burleson

Rice is probably looking at 15-20 touches per week even with McGahee and McClain active, and he missed a TD by about a foot. I'll take Rice--an extremely talented runner behind a great line--over Julius Jones any day. Deion Branch is coming back too, and will cut into Burleson's value somewhat. The guy probably feels like he's robbing you.