Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Denver's Defense?

didnt get a chance to watch the game, but looking at the stats Cincy never got into field goal range, and only made that 4th quarter drive late in the game to get back in it...

Denver held Palmer to 2 ints, 220yds, and had 3.0 sacks...

only allowed 86yds rushing, which isn't saying too much cause that is Cedric Benson we are talking about.. but still

anyone who watched the game have any input?

I'd say a combination of the two. Cincy didn't look good at all. Denver's D seem to have a bend but don't break style of play. Cincy would start to drive and stall out. Denver's D is much different than the past several years. They're not in a boring 4-3 that is totally predictable. They're running a 3-4 and are bringing several LBs to the line each play to confuse the offense. They'll get better and create turnovers....problem is that the schedule is brutal after week 3.

Denver homers - how did Ayers play?

I watched some of it and i would say palmer not playing in the preseason and missing most of last year is going to cause him to start the year much like peyton manning did last year....probably needs 5 or 6 games to get back in the groove and get his confidence back...maybe even more than 5 or 6 games.....As far as Denver goes. They can rot in hell for all I care.....CHIEFS Fan forever

I watched some of it and i would say palmer not playing in the preseason and missing most of last year is going to cause him to start the year much like peyton manning did last year....probably needs 5 or 6 games to get back in the groove and get his confidence back...maybe even more than 5 or 6 games.....As far as Denver goes. They can rot in hell for all I care.....CHIEFS Fan forever

Well said :headbanger:

I watched the game along with several others in my usual channel flipping way. I do NOT believe that Denver's D - while improved - has a realistic shot at being a top 10 defense.

So my answer would be that it was a combination of Palmer being out of sinc (as noted above) and Denver's D not being nearly as atrocious as last year.

I heard Coles dropped like 3 passes and that Palmer actually wasn't all that bad. But still, the expectation at home against a bad defense was much higher. I'm benching Carson Palmer this week in favor of Trent Edwards. I know Palmer is a good quarterback, but the stats aren't there to back him , yet.