Sign in to follow this  
useridhere

Another Q on scoring for QB pass completions

My league awards -3 points for pass completion %s below 50%, 0 points for 50 to below 55%, 1 point for 55 to below 60%, and 3 points for 60% and above. Is there a way to reflect this scoring in the compiler? I read the earlier thread on pass incompletion scoring, but can't think of a good ratio of pass completions/attempts to use to capture my league's scoring.

I'm not sure how to score pass completion %. The problem with it is it varies from game to game, so some games will be in one scoring range, the next in another, and another, etc., etc. How many games in each? Who knows.

I'm making an educated guess that scoring for completion % is not a major factor is scoring the QB each week, with a min of -3 and max of +3 available. I think you're best bet is probably to subjectively judge the QB based on completion %. Say you have two otherwise equally ranked players you are deciding between, then projected completion % can be the tie breaker. Make sense?

Thanks, looking at % completions as the tie-breaker makes sense. Should I just leave the scoring for attempts and completions in the compiler at 0, then? In reality, I can't recall a starting QB with < 50% completion rate in our league. The upper rates, hoever, are more common, and it would be nice to factor in a one- or three-point bonus for the higher completion rates when coming up with my cheatsheets.

One more question: on bonus points for FG distance, do I just add the bonus points at each distance, or the total number of fantasy points scored, eg. our league awards a bonus fantasy point for FGs over 50 yards, so a 50+ yard field goal is worth 4 fantasy points. Do I put 1 in the appropriate FG distance cell, or 4?

This is my 1st year using the compiler, so I'm still trying to get a feel for it. It seems to be a great product. Can't wait to use the Draft Buddy at our draft.

I think I'd leave the completion and pass attempt scoring at 0 because you don't want to overweight the scoring too much.

If you input 3 points per FG in the regular scoring box, then just enter 1 point as the bonus for FG that are 50 yards and higher.

Thanks for signing up this year. Draft Buddy is pretty easy to work with but it would be a good idea to practice with it a little bit before going to your draft. Good luck!