Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Houston run defense

The Texans started the season giving up 600+ rushing yards in the first three games. In the last three games the have allowed 111 rushing yards. To me today is the test to see if they can keep Gore in check. I think they do holding the 49ers under 70 rushing yards.

Yup, the last 6 quarters have been strong but, like you, Im not a believer yet. I'd start Gore if I had him.

The Texans started the season giving up 600+ rushing yards in the first three games. In the last three games the have allowed 111 rushing yards. To me today is the test to see if they can keep Gore in check. I think they do holding the 49ers under 70 rushing yards.

Two of the last three games the Texans played were against the Raiders (#28 rush offence) and the Cardinals (rush offence tied for last). That has to be taken into consideration when making the above statement. I think today's game may be a better barometer of the Texans' rush D than the last three were.

Here's hoping Gore guts them like a fish. :pointstosky:

Two of the last three games the Texans played were against the Raiders (#28 rush offence) and the Cardinals (rush offence tied for last). That has to be taken into consideration when making the above statement. I think today's game may be a better barometer of the Texans' rush D than the last three were.

Here's hoping Gore guts them like a fish. :ninja:

Here here! You have to look at who they "stopped". Can't just look at the numbers blindly.

Yup, the last 6 quarters have been strong but, like you, Im not a believer yet. I'd start Gore if I had him.

Don't discount them either. Benson didn't do well and couldn't get the run going last week and he has run well against the best run defenses this year. Cushing has been a beast against the run and as a defense. I agree this week should say if they are on track or not. Either way, only a fool would sit Gore against any team ( start your studs).

We may be tempted to say today's performance was based on jumping out to a big lead....but dont. The Texans run d played very well today and deserve credit.