Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

An Ethics Question

I agree that any owner who feels "screwed out of his money" from other owners putting themselves in the best position to win wouldn't be welcome in our "friendly" league.

Why play for money at all if doing everything within the rules to win is frowned upon?

Piss, or get off the pot.

in reality, this is a minor topic but never a major one. every season teams lock up byes, and rest key starters in week16 and/or 17 games, allowing some teams to get that key win while their competition for those spots is fuming and complaining and does not make the playoffs. in the end, in reality, u do what's in the best interest of your team because your goal is the SB.

in fantasy, you do what's in the best interest of your team to win the money. if that means placing a lackluster lineup to ensure a weaker/easier team [perceived by you] gets into the playoffs and faces you, so be it. your right, your discretion. but as has been mentioned, you must consider taking care of the important business first [ie make sure u get in youself]. to the argument that u must employ your best lineup to maintain utmost competition standards leaguewide---"you pays your money, and you takes your chances".

Hey, you can do whatever you want in a game and/or league as long as there is not a specific rule against it. However just because you can doesn't mean you should. It makes you a dooshbag. And if you don't see how it makes you that, then you are already a dooshbag. Congrats. :doublethumbsup:

Spot on! Couldn't have said it better myself.

I agree that any owner who feels "screwed out of his money" from other owners putting themselves in the best position to win wouldn't be welcome in our "friendly" league.

Why play for money at all if doing everything within the rules to win is frowned upon?

That's why we have a rule forbidding this sort of activity. Any owner who feels "screwed out of his money" by throwing a game wouldn't be welcome in our "friendly" league. They're treated the same as playoff-eliminated teams who don't care to field their best team.

so at the end of this year when the colts are benching peyton or saints benching brees or when any team is benching its starters and they are playing a team who is in playoff contention is that cheating? im pretty sure that has happened once or twice when colts threw sorgi in the game and lost which put teams in the playoffs.

Sorry, but that is a horrible analogy. They rest players because they want to avoid them getting hurt. That has no relevance in FF starter choices. A better analogy would be an NFL team intentionally throwing a game to influence playoff teams/seeding. Ask yourself if Goodell would go ape shiot if he thought this was the case. I'm pretty sure he would, as that is similar to gambling in damaging the integrity of the game.

Don't be a d!ck.

Play to win each game.

:angry:

Really you are acting holier than thou and as if it's preordained for you to win the league with a question like this. What I hope happens is you do pull this jagoff move and the team that gets in thoroughly trounces you for the move.

That's called karma and let me tell you it's a FOCKING WHEEL! It comes around and around.

So don't be a ###### and play to win.