Sign in to follow this  
stick

**TRADE FOR APPROVAL!

yes.

The way I am going to work this trade is it will not go through this week, but will be processed next week when the votes are received.

It did come in before noon, and the trade can't be halted until the offseason...

Wondering when we went IDP.

YES.

DrJ. Sorry, was away with family and didn't git yer offer until now...

Let's see if I got this right. Ty uses both of his waiver picks for this week. Decided he wants another one, so has Stick use his, then trades a worthless seventh rounder for said player. Rather cheesey in my book.

Hows that cheesy? Id do it for you guys too if I have players I can drop. I got a better pick for someone I had never even heard of. Bitter?

~STICK

hoffdaddy:

Let's see if I got this right. Ty uses both of his waiver picks for this week. Decided he wants another one, so has Stick use his, then trades a worthless seventh rounder for said player. Rather cheesey in my book.

I offered Stick a draft pick if he'd pick up a player and trade him to me. Something illegal about that? I must be missing something here, Hoff.

sure

Fantasy football is not the only place things like that occur. Sign and trade deals are done in pro sports.

Kudos to both of you. I'd be will to launder players anytime for you Ty.

Didn't say it was illegal. Just thought it was cheesey. That's all. No ill feelings, no spite, and I'm not bitter.

Here's the meat of my objection. If you disagree fine. Like I said, there are no hard feelings.

This is collusion. Plain and simple. Granted, it's not top notch players, but has this "I'll scratch your back you scratch mine" happened before? I can't answer that, and I'm not accusing anyone of anything, it just makes me curious. Perhaps I'm not trusting enough. All I'm saying is, it's collusion. I've heard this statement many times "Don't veto unless obvious collusion". This is obvious.

So maybe next time a trade offer is on the table, a certain team gets a little better deal because they helped another team out of a jam. Doesn't seem right to me, and I'd rather not start going down that road in this league. Maybe I'm overreacting to this one, and if so, I apologize. This is just how I feel at this moment.

TyCobb:

Leave it to a Green Bay fan to find something cheesy. :D

Amen to that.

Collusion? Come on, Hoff. I told you what happened. I wanted a player, I had already used my waiver pickups, so I asked another owner whether he wanted to pick up an extra pick.

He said yes, I told him the player I wanted, he grabbed him and traded him to me. So where's the collusion?

You think I'm really gonna "scratch" Stick's back later for picking up a rookie, no name, backup TE who sits behind one of the best in the game and has maybe two weeks to play and then goes back to obscurity? Hardly.

I don't got no problem with it. I don't think it's the first time it's happened. While I am not sure if I have done such a move, I am most sure I have discussed doing one, when either I or another party had exhausted available moves for the week. It's not like one team is paying another's annual fee or anything. wink

What makes it the cheesiest, IMO, is that the guy doing the pickup doesn't even get the name of the player he's picking up right. :D

I'm personally not of the opinion that this is collusion because Ty actually did have to give something up to accomplish this.

stick could have held out for a 6th or maybe even a 5th so it would be more valuable for him, but even with a 7th he got something more than he had with something he wasn't going to use (his FA pickup of the week).

Do you feel that the circumvention of the 2 FA per week pickup rule is the issue?

I'll give a circumstance where I've done something similar and I thought it was pretty obvious that it was done. I picked up Chandler as my 2nd FA pickup of the week once I found out he was starting. Later that day I found out that RW2, Mungro, and Rhodes were all hurting and Brian Allen was re-signed and could be the #2 that week but I couldn't pick him up. I knew Topes was short on QB with a bye coming up and Pennington's uncertainty at the time and I didn't think Chandler really had any chance of starting for me especially with Leftwich in the fold at the time. I also know he has lots of picks. So I offered Chandler for a 7th and a FA pickup so I could get Allen who I wanted and also get myself a 7th round pick in the process which considering my lack of picks actually has some value to me. I got my pick, I got my FA pickup, he got a QB that still hasn't started for him and has no long term value but did have a chance at one point. Overall both teams benefitted from the deal, though.

Now I don't see where there's a problem with this. Both teams benefitted. If anyone else actually wanted Chandler I would have made them the same offer. I just saw Topes as the most likely candidate for having the remotest of interest in Chandler and so I gave it a shot.

DrJ:

Do you feel that the circumvention of the 2 FA per week pickup rule is the issue?

More or less, yes. I vote yes on the deal, I just think it needs to be addressed.

TyCobb:

You think I'm really gonna "scratch" Stick's back later for picking up a rookie, no name, backup TE who sits behind one of the best in the game and has maybe two weeks to play and then goes back to obscurity?

hoffdaddy:

DrJ:

More or less, yes. I vote yes on the deal, I just think it needs to be addressed.
Fair enough. We could make a rule that says that you cannot pick up or trade for more than 2 waiver pickups in a given week. This wouldn't stop someone from picking the guy up, stashing him for a week, and trading him the following week, but it would make it more of a pain in the rear to do something like this.

I'll go ahead and put up a thread for the league to vote on that rule.

Has this been approved yet? If not, I vote yes.

I see where hoff is coming from, but at the end of the day, is this really so grossly unjust as to claim collusion? I think not.